N.Y.C.'s ambitious mayor pitches Major-League plans
- Rudy orders cuts. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;8/19/96, Vol. 12 Issue 34, p30
Reports on New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani's demand for $500 million in cuts from the city's 1996-97 fiscal budget.
- No more for Giuliani. Tatum, Wilbert A. // New York Amsterdam News;10/19/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 42, p1
Comments against the leadership of New York City mayor Rudolph Giuliani. Mayor's influence on constituents regarding the 2000 presidential elections; Criticisms against the mayor's plans of building a ball park on the west side of the city; Status of the construction of the West Side Highway;...
- New York: Stadium Pitch. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31294, p30
Reports on the statement of outgoing New York City mayor Rudolph Giuliani that the city should go forward with deals he had negotiated with Major League Baseball's Mets and Yankees to build two stadiums as of December 2001. Cost of the stadiums; New York governor's assertion of the state's...
- The right stadium. // Crain's New York Business;4/29/96, Vol. 12 Issue 18, p8
Opinion. Focuses on the stadium to be built in New York City. What Governor Rudy Giuliani's administration has done; Proposal made by Mayor Giuliani in his defense; Finance for the construction.
- NY mayoral candidates work 7th Avenue. // Discount Store News;10/18/93, Vol. 32 Issue 20, Apparel Merchandising pA8
Reports on the economic plans of the mayoral candidates of New York City, New York. Rudolph Giuliani's proposed reduction of tax load; Mayor David Dinkins' proposals for new developments for the garment and related industries; Business communities' criticisms of Dinkins' economic plans; City...
- Giuliani bobbles stadium tax plan. // Crain's New York Business;04/27/98, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p8
Opinion. Discusses the commercial rent tax that New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani plans to use to finance stadiums. Reference to a study on the construction of a stadium on the West Side of Manhattan; How Giuliani's position on the commercial rent tax will affect his popularity; Results of an...
- Giuliani would use old tax, not bonds to build stadiums. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;04/21/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30376, p1
Reports that Mayor Rudolph Giuliani has proposed delaying the implementation of tax cuts, rather than float bonds, in order to build the New York Yankee stadium. Reaction of the municipal bond market to the proposal; Staples Inc.'s fee for naming rights; Location of the stadium.
- N.Y.C. mayor reveals infrastructure, stadium plans. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;01/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30808, p5
Reports on New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's plan to expand and rehabilitate Lincoln Center and build a stadium to host the 2012 Olympics. Development of the neighborhood; Economic benefits from the stadium.
- Beam's fall may be Rudy's downfall. // Crain's New York Business;04/20/98, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p8
Opinion. Comments on New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's plans to build a stadium on the West Side of Manhattan, if the New York Yankees baseball team cannot remain in the Bronx. Reference to a proposal for a Manhattan stadium with a home for the New York Mets baseball team in Flushing; Details...