ON ALL HORIZONS
- Catechesis, faith formation goes high-tech. McDonald, Thomas L. // Our Sunday Visitor;5/19/2013, Vol. 102 Issue 3, p5
The article focuses on the immersion of Catholic churches in multimedia and its effort to share catechism through videos such as the Video Catechism for Teens (VCat), an ambitious project that produces and releases one video on the Catechism of the Catholic Church each month.
- Catholic influence questioned. Alford, Deann // Christianity Today;04/28/97, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p78
Reports the Allegations of Baptist minister Sixto Ulloa that the Minister of Education Humberto Belli is attempting to implement mandatory study of Roman Catholic doctrine through the school textbooks. Reason for the allegation; Comment of Belli regarding the case; Action of the Education...
- EDUCATION. REVILLE, JOHN C. // America;8/26/1916, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p481
The article elaborates on the American Catholic parochial school. The parochial school is stated to be having been often misrepresented or misunderstood. It has also been described as a tool to fasten a foreign yoke upon the coming generations as well as an alien institution which bring up...
- Twenty Million Hispanics. // America;2/18/1984, Vol. 150 Issue 6, p102
The article focuses on the pastoral letter entitled "The Hispanic Presence: Challenge and Commitment" issued by bishops in the U.S. in January 1984. The bishops called on Catholics in the country to work for and with Hispanics. The pastoral letter presents a demographic profile of approximately...
- Revising the Dutch Catechism. Whitehead, K. D. // America;4/13/1968, Vol. 118 Issue 15, p493
The author expresses his opinion on the revision of Dutch Catechism. He states that the commission of six cardinals who have recently inquired it carefully suggested some revision. He states the team responsible for the revision will possibly take another look at the Dutch Catechism's treatment...
- Young Catholics surveyed. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;02/27/98, Vol. 34 Issue 17, p11
Reports the result of the national survey on the United States Catholics 20 to 39 years old, concerning the church teachings. Teachings that are ranked high among elements essential to the Catholic faith; Details on the survey; Teachings that are considered by the respondents least central to faith.
- Catechism: Not just for kids anymore. // U.S. Catholic;Jan2005, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p11
Reports that the U.S. bishops have approved the draft text of the country's national catechism for adults at their annual meeting in November 2004. Reason for drafting the text; Procedure for the recognition of the text by the Catholic Church.
- The uninformed good Catholic. Cleary, John // America;3/18/1950, Vol. 82 Issue 24, p693
The article presents a defense for Catholics who cannot defend their faith because they do not know its theology. It explains the reason why an average Catholic feels secure in a Church whose doctrines he may not clearly know, much less understand to the point of being able to explain or defend...
- Que Pasa. // Catholic East Texas;2/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p12
A calendar of events related to Catholicism in Texas in 2008 is presented which includes the 15th annual "Celebrate Life Banquet" in Longview, "Marriage Preparation Day" in Tyler, and the one-day Lenten retreat "Live on in My Love, Gifts of the Holy Spirit" in Athens.