Williams Names Y2K Honcho Koskinen Deputy Mayor
- What do you really mean, Newt? // Psychology Today;May/Jun97, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p10
Presents the two psychologists who were gunning for seats in the House of Representatives in Washington D.C. election. Brian Baird of Pacific Lutheran University; Democrat Ted Strickland.
- Musical chairs at OCC; new aide for Bereuter. // American Banker;1/2/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 1, p2
Presents information on people in Washington. Job replacements in the Comptroller of the Currency; Doug Bereuter's banking aide; Gail L. Patelunas' position at the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation; Chairman of the American Bankers Association's economic advisory committee.
- Koskinen bows out. // Government Executive;Aug97, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p10
Reports that John Koskinen, deputy director for management at the US Office of Management and Budget since 1994, has left the government in July 1997.
- DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA: Acting Guide. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31355, p37
Announces the appointment of James Buford as acting director of the Washington D.C. Department of Health. Career background; Statement of Mayor Anthony A. Williams.
- The worst city government. Yelverton, B.; Mirvish, D. // Washington Monthly;Mar90, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p50
Describes the drug use that has repeatedly invaded all levels of the Washington D.C. government.
- 1986 Guide To Washington. // ABA Banking Journal;Feb86, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p49
Presents a guide on the various department in the government in Washington, District of Columbia. Composition of the Federal Reserve Board; Appointment of each member of the board of governors; List of officers of the Federal Advisory Council.
- D.C. Mayor Names New CTO. NEWCOMBE, TOD // Government Technology;Nov2009, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p8
The article announces that Bryan Sivak has been named the chief technology officer (CTO) of the District of Columbia in October 2009.
- Capital offense. White, Jack E. // Time;5/27/1996, Vol. 147 Issue 22, p34
Opinion. Criticizes Washington Mayor Marion Barry, not just because he is the cause of the fiscal and sociological problems in Washington, D.C., but because black Americans no longer should invest in public officials showing such incompetence. View that Barry's private life lends support to...
- Washington, D.C., may lease empty elementary to charter operator. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;11/2/2012, p2
The article reports on the recommendation from officials in Washington, D.C. to allow charter school operator KIPP DC to lease the old building of Webb Elementary School.