- Filling Jobs Is Only the Beginning. Halcrow, Alan // Workforce;Jul99, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on the employment rate in the United States. Entry of single mothers and African-American men in the workforce; Implication of the employment rate to the country's economy; Predictors of job success.
- Living well on 60 a week. Brady, James // Crain's New York Business;06/12/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p9
No abstract available.
- Labor Markets. // Economic Trends (07482922);Sep2000, p11
Presents an update on labor markets in the United States as of September 2000. Decline of total nonfarm employment registered; Labor demand in the country.
- Labor Markets. // Economic Trends (07482922);Sep2002, p12
Presents labor market trends in the United States as of September 2002. Average monthly change in nonfarm employment; Increase of jobs in the service-producing sector.
- Revision of seasonally adjusted labor force series. McIntire, Robert J. // Employment & Earnings;Jan1997, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p3
Presents data of the seasonality of the unemployment, employment and other labor force series in the United States for December 1996, derived from the Current Population Survey (CPS) by including another full year data in the estimation process. Criteria for evaluating alternative methods of...
- Region, State, and Area Labor Force Data ("C" tables). // Employment & Earnings;Aug2003, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p203
Reports on the development of labor force and unemployment estimates for the labor market areas and other areas covered under the Federal assistance programs in the U.S. Methods for estimating the labor force, employment, and unemployment rates; Basis of the total civilian employment estimates;...
- What labor shortage? // Indiana Business Magazine;Jan99, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p4
Presents employment statistics in Indiana and in the city of Indianapolis as of November 1998. Construction employment; Efforts to attract workers to relocate to the capital city.
- The need to grow our labor force. // Indiana Business Magazine;Nov99, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p4
Focuses on the need to increase the labor force of Indiana. Unadjusted rate of unemployment in September 1999.
- THE CHANGING LABOR MARKET ENVIRONMENT IN THE 1980s. Weber, Arnold // Nebraska Journal of Economics & Business;Winter81, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p5
Examines the changing labor market in the U.S. during the 1980s. Expansion of the labor force during the 1970s; Labor force trends and policy issues in the 1980s; Opportunities for union organization.
- Statewide work-force survey begins in CNY. // Business Journal (Central New York);7/18/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 29, p14
Reports on a work-force audit in Central New York to be conducted in 2003 by a group representing Central New York labor, manufacturers, education and training providers. Identification of the industry/labor mix within the region; Anticipation of work-force demand based upon...