Grigsby, Former Colleagues Face New Lawsuit From Gary
- Gary shares $431 million bond deal. Colon, Ileana; Edmond Jr., Alfred // Black Enterprise;May94, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p18
Informs that Howard Gary & Co., joined Smith Barney Shearson Inc. to complete one of the nation's largest bond transactions managed equally by a majority-minority partnership. Details of the transaction, which closed in February 1994; Black-owned firms.
- Gary Fires Off Another Lawsuit, This Time at Miami-Dade. Preston, Darrell; Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;06/21/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30917, p5
Reports that Howard Gary & Co. has filed a lawsuit over its exclusion from a Miami-Dade County bond deal in Florida. Efforts of the company in clearing its name and rebuilding its business after its founder gained national attention for cooperating with a federal investigation; Overview on the...
- Broward County, Fla., Votes to Drop Howard Gary & Co. From Syndicate. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;07/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30932, p3
Reports that commissioners from Broward County, Florida have voted to remove Howard Gary & Co. from the underwriting syndicate for an upcoming airport bond issue. Commissioners' decision to replace the firm with two other minority-owned underwriters at a meeting held July 11, 2000; Reasons why...
- Miami-Dade Wins Round One Against Howard Gary & Co. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;09/28/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30985, p6
Reports on Howard Gary & Co.'s protest against Miami-Dade County's contracting procedures. Rules affecting securities dealers; Exclusion of the company from a pool of underwriters.
- As Howard Gary Prepares for Trial, Is Another Suit Looming? Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/22/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31023, p1
Reports on the lawsuit that will be filed by Miami underwriter Howard Gary claiming his firm Howard Gary & Co. was improperly denied the opportunity to perform underwriting duties. Exclusion of the firm from the Miami-Dade County bond syndicate.
- Howard Gary Accuses Miami-Dade County of Discrimination. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;08/24/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30961, p36
Reports on Miami, Florida-based Howard Gary & Co.'s claim that Miami-Dade county has used discriminatory methods to keep the firm out of the selection process for the county's new underwriting pool. Alleged removal of minority preference points in the county's selection criteria; Howard Gary's...
- Miami-Dade, Gary File Briefs, Expect Ruling Within 10 Days. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;09/19/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30978, p28
Reports on Miami-Dade County, Florida's defense of an underwriter selection process. Exclusion of Howard Gary & Co. in the county's pool; Review of the policies of the county.
- Howard Gary Prepares for More Litigation Following Settlement. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;03/21/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30853, p1
Reports the efforts of Howard Gary & Co. in preparing litigations against others who forced the firm out of deals in Texas. Role of the firm in an investigation of alleged bribery of public officials in Miami and Miami-Dade County; Effect of the scandal on underwriting and financial advisory...
- Protect yourself from fraud. Nusbaum, David // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Mar1995, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p64
Warns investors about fraud in trading. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC); Number of complaints; Background check on stockbroker; Fraudulent sales practices; Telemarketing; Cases; Out-of-the-money options; Effect of infomercials; Recovery; Exemptions to anti-fraud laws. INSETS:...