Texas Board: State Needs $7.2 Billion
- Texas Agencies OK'd for Nearly $1 Billion in Debt Sales. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/25/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31520, p4
Reports on the approval of one billion dollars debt sales for the year 2003 by the Texas Bond Review Board. Names of the winning issuers; Increase in tuition revenue bonds; Expansion of master lease purchase program of the Texas Public Finance Authority.
- Hernandez to lead Texas Bond Review Board. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;10/10/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30249, p32
Reports that the Texas Bond Review Board has selected Jose Hernandez to succeed Albert Bacarisse as executive director of the agency. Hernandez's background; Bacarisse's retirement.
- Buie chosen to head Texas review board. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;10/04/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30739, p5
Reports on Oklahoma Development Finance Authority vice president Jim Buie's appointment as executive director of the Texas Bond Review Board. Buie's remarks on his selection; Role of the board in the oversight of bond issuance in the state.
- Texas Readies $1B of Prop. 12 Debt. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/1/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33376, p1
The article reports on the preparation for another one billion dollar issue of general obligation bonds by the Texas Transportation Commission (TTC) in Dallas, Texas. The debt will include taxable Build America Bonds (BABs) and is expected to go to the market on September 15, 2010. The Texas...
- Economic Risk: Capital Controls Risks Rising. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Oct2010, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p5
The article reports on the increasing risks of capital controls in Brazil, arising from the imposition of a two percent tax on foreign portfolio investment, political pressure to stop the appreciation of the real, and the high proportion of portfolio inflows into the financial account.
- Give capitalism a soul. Taber, George M. // Business News New Jersey;05/25/98, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p8
Presents the address of the author during the convocation of Rutgers School of Management and Graduate School of Management concerning capitalism. Struggle between Karl Marx's socialism and Adam Smith's market economy; Efficiency of capitalism.
- The minimal politics of market order. Buchanan, James M. // CATO Journal;Fall91, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p215
Points out that an economy organized on market principles minimizes the importance of the political bureaucracy. Relationship between politicization and market organization; Distinction between political pricing and market pricing; Notion of a politically influenced market price.
- The soft infrastructure of a market economy. Niskanen, William A. // CATO Journal;Fall91, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p233
Describes the basic institutions of a market economy. Legal system; Accounting system; Cultural attitudes.
- Property, markets, and money. Bernholz, Peter // CATO Journal;Winter92, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p409
Examines economic, political and social structures influencing economic transition of the Soviet Union's economy from a centrally planned economy to a market economy. Financial and monetary conditions in planned economies; Consequences of economic reforms; Measures to ease transition.