- PAPERING OVER THE CRACKS. Thurtle, Gary // Marketing Week;3/7/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p24
Reports the change of name of insurance company CGNU to Aviva in Great Britain. Significance of company names in attracting consumers; Details on risks involve in name changing; Guidelines in developing a company name.
- CGNU asks three to contest ...20m creative account. Whitfield, Paul // Marketing (00253650);5/18/2000, p1
Reports on Great Britain-based CGNU's plan to review its advertising account as of May 18, 2000.
- Insurer adds e-dealing to wealth management system. Huber, Nick // Computer Weekly;1/24/2002, p4
Reports the launch of the online financial services of the insurance company CGNU in Great Britain. Details on the e-business strategy of CGNU; Components of the financial service; Efforts of the company to consolidate systems.
- CGNU Withdraws From Global Risks Market. Howard, Lisa S. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;08/14/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 33, p23
Reports that CGNU, a company formed by the CGU and Norwich Union merger, is withdrawing from the global risks market in Great Britain. Number of clients that will be affected by the CGNU withdrawal; Reason behind the move; Estimation on the job loss created by the CGNU withdrawal.
- Fears about financial accounting practices have dented markets badly yet these practices are blithely allowed. Verity, Andrew // Money Marketing;7/11/2002, p28
Comments on the accounting practice of life insurance company CGNU in Britain. Impact of its profit forecast on its free-asset ratio; Implications of the practice of counting in future profits; Use of future profits.
- MOORE'S CODE. Moore, James // Money Marketing;10/4/2001, p34
Comments on issues in fund management industry as of October 4, 2001. Fund management business of CGNU in the Netherlands; Treatment of the risk warnings that appear with every equity-linked product.
- World Updates. // Business Insurance;01/14/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p27
Reports developments in business insurance as of January 2002. Negotiations for sell of CGU Courtage of multiline insurer CGNU P.L.C.; Deals between Toro Assicurazioni S.p.A. and La Fondiaria Assicurazioni S.p.A.; Increase in Lloyd's of London syndicates capacity.
- Upheaval could see CGNU turn from UK. // Money Marketing;3/7/2002, p1
Discusses the views of chief executive officer Philip Scott of life insurer CGNU on the possible effect of depolarization in the United Kingdom on shareholder capital. Description of the economic situation; Plan of the company to change its business name; Status of its business; Discussion on...
- CGNU unveils new logo. // Money Marketing;7/4/2002, p12
Announces the decision of insurance provider CGNU to replace its corporate logo.