- Linkages/acquisitions. Asplund, Jon // AHA News;7/17/95, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p4
Presents news updates on hospital mergers and consolidations in the United States. Consolidation of university and hospital operations in the new Office of Johns Hopkins Medicine in Baltimore, Md.; Joint venture between Foundation Health Corp. and Sutter Health in Northern California; Hospital...
- All-time high merger numbers recorded. Asplund, Jon // AHA News;11/04/96, Vol. 32 Issue 44, p4
Reports on the number of mergers and acquisitions in the health care field for the third quarter ended September 30, 1996. Data from the Irvin Levin Associates Inc.; Percentage change per sector; Comparison with the previous quarters.
- Linkages. J.A. // AHA News;12/16/96, Vol. 32 Issue 49, p4
Focuses on developments concerning hospital mergers as of December 16, 1996. Federal Trade Commission's inquiry into Tenet Healthcare Corp.'s acquisition of OrNda HealthCorp.; Consolidation agreement signed by New York City's Presbyterian Hospital and the New York Hospital; Columbia/HCA...
- Linkages. // AHA News;1/20/97, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on hospital mergers in the United States as of January 20, 1997. Includes the network formed by five Tampa, Florida hospitals; Selling of Health Direct Inc. to Humana Inc.; Word Health System's negotiations for the sale of its three hospitals to Tenet Healthcare Corp.
- Linkages. J.A. // AHA News;07/21/97, Vol. 33 Issue 28, p4
Presents news briefs related to hospital mergers in the United States, as of July 21, 1997. Includes Federal Trade Commission's approval of the proposed merger of Buffalo General Health System, Children's Hospital of Buffalo and Millard Fillmore Health System; Failure of the proposed merger...
- Mixed marriages: For-profit and nonprofit integration. O'Hare, Patrick K. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Feb96, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p24
Discusses the increase of the integration of for-profit and nonprofit health-care entities. Advantages of integration; Two primary models used for combination; Legal issues; Criticism of integration.
- Summer of discontent? Goldberg, Carol // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/8/96, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the merging of Kings Park and Central Islip psychiatric centers with Pilgrim State facility (Brentwood) between August and October 1995. NYS Office of Mental Health plan; Target date for Kings Park; Workforce reduction; Concern over acute care. INSET: LI's state phychiatric...
- NYC merger puts LI hospitals on guard. Goldberg, Carol // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/01/96, Vol. 43 Issue 27, p1
No abstract available.
- Suit vs. stethoscopes. Who's to blame when doctor-hospital mergers turn sour? Lowes, Robert L. // Medical Economics;01/26/98, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p142
Focuses on problems which arise as a result of doctor-hospital mergers. Question of who should take responsibility for the failure of mergers; Reference to United States President Bill Clinton's federalized managed care system; Views of Martin Serota, former partner of a private medical...
- Three hospitals form network to compete in Denver region. Scott, Lisa // Modern Healthcare;3/21/94, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p7
Reports on three Denver, Colorado-based hospitals' linkage in an integrated delivery network. Lutheran Medical Center; Rose Medical Center; Saint Joseph Hospital; Percentage of inpatient discharges controlled by the hospitals; Annual net revenues; Analysis of the network's chances for success.