- N.Y.C. Council Opts for Limited Anti-Predatory Lending Law. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/1/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31854, p36
Reports that the New York City Council has decided to let stand a New York State Supreme Court ruling that strikes down an anti-predatory-lending law that could have prevented banks from working on city bond deals. Alternative measures being considered by the city council; Key provisions of...
- City of Denver Establishes Anti-Predatory Guidelines. // Diversity Factor;Fall2001, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p4
Focuses on the anti-predatory guidelines established in the city of Denver, Colorado. Investigation on the lending trends of the city; Pledge for banks in winning a contract to receive the deposits of the city; Policy for banks making abusive loans.
- D.C. Council Passes Weakened Predator Law. Paletta, Damian // American Banker;2/20/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 34, p4
Reports the passage of the predatory-lending legislation by the District of Columbia Council in Washington. Proposition of the laws by Councilman Phil Mendelson; Details of the laws; Personal views of Linda Cropp, chairman of the council, on the bill requirements of federally chartered banks.
- With AARP's Help, State Bills May Gain. Paletta, Damian // American Banker;2/26/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 38, p1
Reports the filing of lending bills in state legislatures for the banking industry in Washington. Contradictions from the industry lobbyist against the bills; Enactment of laws to curb abusive lending; Need to ensure the balance of the purpose and the legislation.
- Subprime Preemption Bills Headed For House . BERGQUIST, ERICK // American Banker;12/31/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 249, p1
Reports on the plans of U.S. lawmakers to introduce a bill in the U.S. House of Representatives that would set national standards for subprime lending. Formation of a group of top players in subprime lending; Changes to be made in the Ney bill; Existing provisions of the Ney bill.
- Muni Holdings: Banks' Municipal Portfolios Swelled Slightly in 1st Half. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p7
Focuses on the municipal bonds held by various commercial and savings banks in the U.S. in the first half of the year 2001. Value of bonds held by banks; Total assets with commercial banks in the country; Merger that prevented an increase in municipal bond holdings by banks.
- Commercial Banks' Municipal Holdings. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p39
Presents information related to municipal bond holdings with commercial banks in the U.S. as of November 21, 2001. Cost of the securities; Amortized cost of debt security; Fair value holdings in thousand dollars.
- U.S. Banks' Municipal Portfolios Grew 5.2% in First Half. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;12/20/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31537, p6
Reports that according to U.S.-based Sheshunoff Information Services Inc., U.S. banks' municipal bond holdings have risen during the first half of 2002. Banks that have increased their municipal bond holdings the maximum; Portfolio growth of the Chicago, Illinois-based bank Bank One; Facts...
- The 500 Largest Municipal Portfolios at U.S. Banks. // Bond Buyer;12/20/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31537, p29
Presents a list of some of the largest municipal portfolios at U.S. banks including cost basis of holdings and annual percentage changes for midyear 2002 and yearend 2001, 2000 and 1999. Name of the organization providing the information; Adjustment for mergers and acquisitions in the data;...