Good move for furniture transporter
- Hanson bring it all together. // Builders Merchants Journal;Oct95, p8
Reports on the merger of the London, Kempston and Butterley Brick brands into the management of Hanson Brick. Details of the restructuring; Effects of the recession on the company.
- Hanson demerger plans confirmed. // Coal International;Jul97, Vol. 244 Issue 4, p154
Reports on Hanson PLC's plans to demerge its principal businesses into four quoted companies in 1997. Millennium Chemicals Inc.; Imperial Tobacco Group PLC; Eastern Group PLC; Peabody Holding Co. Inc.; Peabody Resources Ltd.; Proposed listings on the London Stock Exchange; Company's commitment...
- Back to basics for big profits. Simon, Ruth // Money;Jul95, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p70
Features the stock figures of Hanson PLC. Percentage of yield; Increase in the operating profits in the first half of 1995; Effect of the 1993 acquisition of Quantum Chemical.
- Manning the cannons at ICI. Anderson, C. // Nature;8/1/1991, Vol. 352 Issue 6334, p367
Addresses a possible takeover in Britain of Imperial Chemicals Industries (ICI) by the conglomerate Hanson PLC. Researchers fear the move; ICI trims research and restructures; Statistics on ICI's improvements. INSET: Hanson: Research versus the bottom-line, by C.A..
- Hanson to spin off U.S. businesses. // Chemical Week;3/1/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 8, p5
Reports on the plans of Hanson PLC to spin off 34 United States businesses. Chemical businesses that will remain with Hanson; Use of the cash influx; Industries affected; Reorganization of executives.
- Hanson demerger approaches. // Chemical Week;8/14/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 31, p6
Reports on British conglomerate Hanson's plans to list its chemicals business called Millennium Chemicals on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Hanson demerger on track. Walsh, Kerri A. // Chemical Week;7/17/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 27, p10
Reports that Anglo-American conglomerate Hanson is on schedule to spin off its Millennium Chemicals and Imperial Tobacco units on October 1, 1996. Company's receipt of UK Inland Revenue clearance for the spinoffs; Trading of Millennium Chemicals on the New York Stock Exchange; Hanson's...
- Hanson's well-timed divestiture. Korman, Richard // ENR: Engineering News-Record;04/20/98, Vol. 240 Issue 16, p18
Focuses on the sell-off of $700 million plus United States assets belonging to Hanson PLC Company, as part of its focus on construction materials. Comments from Christopher Collins, Hanson's Chairman; Information on companies who brought shares; Details on the completion of the sale of several...
- Hanson Cement adds a new livery into the mix. // Commercial Motor;1/14/2010, Vol. 212 Issue 5364, p11
The article reports that the cement supplier Hanson PLC has added a new white and blue livery on its latest Mercedes-Benz AG Axor tractor units.