Beautiful By Candlelight
- Table talk. Clark, Anna // Bulletin with Newsweek;02/03/98, Vol. 117 Issue 6108, p25
Reports that prices of English domestic sterling silver have declined in real terms making it an astute time to buy in 1998. Work by English silversmith Omar Ramsden appreciating; Georgian table siver offering excellent long-term value; Annual exhibition sales held in Australia by London dealer...
- Collecting Cutlery. Thornton, Zita // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Nov2003, Vol. 108 Issue 9, p48
Presents advice on collecting flatware. Advantages of attending auctions; History of the use of silver place settings; Information on several pieces of antique flatware.
- COLLECTORS' FOCUS. Crichton-Miller, Emma // Apollo: The International Magazine for Collectors;Dec2014, Vol. 180 Issue 626, p90
The article discusses the collecting of Georgian silver, as well as the sale and prices of such pieces. Topics discussed include silver in the rococo style, the relative affordability of silver flatware, and the July 2013 Exceptional Sale held by auction house Christie's. The preferences of...
- Sleek Service. STOODLEY, SHEILA GIBSON // Art & Antiques;Jun2014, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p58
The article offers brief information on Modern silver designs that were produced between the 1920s and the 1970s. Particular focus is given to how these silver pieces, including coffee services, candelabras and pitchers, are desirable amongst collectors as of 2014. Several silversmiths and...
- RARE AMERICAN Silver Items Still Turn Up. GILBERT, ANNE // Treasures;Sep2012, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p21
The article discusses examples of 18th-century silver tableware by American silversmiths such as Paul Revere. It mentions pieces offered by the auction house Christie's in 2011 including tablespoons with Revere's mark as well as a silver tankard with the mark of William Simpkins. Historical...
- Retailer's guide to collectible plates. Allen, Leslie // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;June97, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p133
Presents a retail guide to retailer's in the collectibles plate and the gift industry. Insight on the growth of the collecting industry; Statistical information on the industry; Detailed information on the making of collectible plates; What retailers and collectors look for in collectibles;...
- A preponderance of plates. Pursley, Joan M. // Figurines & Collectibles;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p58
Features collector plates which appeared in the United States during the 1970s. INSETS: Not Just Plates;What the Future Holds.
- A Lifelong Fiesta. SMITH, GINA M. // Romantic Homes;Jul2009, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p76
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of how her family accumulated their Fiesta tableware collection.
- BUTTER PATS ON PARADE. Dessoie, Mary // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Jun2000, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p33
Deals with butter pat, a collectible item.