- U.S. Potential. // Ward's Auto World;Nov2004, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p13
Forecasts the sales increase in the European diesel turbocharging sector according to Honeywell Turbo Technologies. Information on the sales and revenue of Honeywell Turbo's Garret brand; Expectations on diesel in Europe.
- Honeywell performance soars. // Engineer (00137758);5/3/2005, Vol. 293 Issue 7674, p21
Reports that global engineering and technology giant Honeywell International has shown a stronger-than-expected financial performance at the start of 2005. Effect of a recovering aerospace market and increased demand for diesel turbochargers in Europe; Growth in aerospace sales compared to the...
- Turbo Penetration Set for Big Boost. Shuldiner, Herb // Ward's Auto World Exclusive Insight;11/1/2011, p1
The article reports on the growth forecast for turbocharging due to engine downsizing made by Honeywell, a supplier to the automobile industry. It is predicted by the firm that the turbocharger market will grow by 2016, with turbos for diesels growing 25% and surging 145% for gasoline engines....
- Hino. // Fleet Owner;Nov2005, Vol. 100 Issue 11, Following p96
Reports on the preparation of Hino Motors Ltd. for the current emissions requirement in Japan. Building and running diesel engines with all the components needed in the market; Development of Hino's 5L inline 4-cyl. and 8L inline 6-cyl. diesels; Use of high pressure common-rail fuel injection,...
- PUMP IT UP. Marotta, Jim // Motor Age;Mar2010, Vol. 129 Issue 3, p22
The article discusses the functions of the turbocharger and how it boosts the performance of small engines. It notes that turbocharging not only helps boost engine performance but also helps reduce fuel consumption and emissions. As a result, automobile manufacturers are now searching for ways...
- Experimental Investigation of the Effect of Esterified Karanja Oil Biodiesel on Performance, Emission and Engine Wear of a Military 160hp Turbocharged CIDI Engine. Pandey, Anand Kumar; Nandgaonkar, M. R. // Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering 2011 Volume I;2011, p1211
Global warming due to engine emission and rapid depletion of petroleum reserves, has given us opportunity to find bio fuels. Biodiesel is an alternative diesel fuel that can be produced from renewable feedstock such as edible and non-edible vegetable oils, wasted frying oils and animal fats....
- Pollution control and energy conservation: Complements or antagonists? A study of gasoline... Espey, Molly // Energy Journal;1997, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p23
Illustrates the relative impact of fuel taxes and fuel economy standards on pollution levels given the current tailpipe emissions standards and an alternative emissions standard in the United States. Graphical analysis; Aspects of the current tailpipe emissions standards; Consumer's utility...
- Innovative fuel additive reduces diesel emissions. Siegel, Stewart // Fleet Owner;Feb97, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p19
Focuses on an innovative fuel additive which reduces diesel emissions. Possibility of meeting the proposed heavy-duty emission standards; Factors contributing to the low emissions; Technologies that meet emission goals.
- Eye Of The Needle. Scott, David // Ward's Auto World;May2004, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p39
Features the 3L DOHCV-6 turbo-diesel engine used by Audi AG for its A8 Sedan. Maximum torque of the turbodiesel; Fuel injection system combined by the diesel engine; Description of the engine's valve and camshaft operations.