Plumbing On Steroids
- Getting Banks To Show You The Money. // Chicago Citizen;7/7/2010, Vol. 45 Issue 15, p6
The article offers tips for small business owners on how to achieve business expansion in Chicago, Illinois.
- CALIFORNIA, HERE I COME. Brown, Donna // Management Review;Oct89, Vol. 78 Issue 10, p10
Focuses on the effects of location on the growth of businesses in the United States. Growth index of small businesses; Causes of regional differences.
- Identify areas where small firms can make the biggest strides this year. Stevens, Edward; Strauss, Richard // PRWeek (U.S. Edition);Mar2012, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p49
The article presents an answer to a question of identify areas where small firms can make biggest strides in 2012.
- Ready, steady, grow. Penning, Ralph // NZ Business;Nov2002, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p45
Focuses on inclinations and interests of small business owners in New Zealand in their business growth. Contribution of Independent Business Foundation in the growth of small business enterprises; Online facility for small business owners to achieve change in practice and procedures in their...
- Business Start-up and Growth Motives of Entrepreneurs: A Case Study in Bradford, United Kingdom. de Silva, Lasandahasi // Proceedings of the European Conference on Entrepreneurship & Inn;2010, p152
This study attempted to investigate start-up and growth motives of entrepreneurs who operate in small and medium scale in Bradford, UK. Despite entrepreneurial motivation being considered as a strong predictor of entrepreneurial outcome and success there is no consensus with respect to the...
- Expansion Capital for Small Business. Reeves, Alex // Export Wise;Fall2006, p6
The article focuses on the Equity Program developed by the export credit agency, Export Development Canada (EDC), which provides direct and indirect investments for small-to medium-sized companies, which are in the growth phase to help them in expanding business. It provides information on EDC's...
- Some companies find no-grow approach best. Keirn, Jennifer // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/13/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p22
The article reports that small business in the U.S. are taking no-grow approach in the time of recession. Rebecca Morgan, who has made her living for nearly 20 years consulting with manufacturing companies to help them grow their businesses, is intentionally shrinking her own company. Kristy...
- Firm Size, Firm Growth, and Persistence of Chance: Testing GIBRAT's Law with Establishment Data from Lower Saxony, 1978-1989. Wagner, Joachim // Small Business Economics;Jun1992, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p125
Using data for some 7000 manufacturing establishments from Lower Saxony for 1978-1989 we tested for the validity of GIBRA F's Law of Proportionate Growth. We found that the law is only valid for very few groups of firms in some of the periods covered. However, we did not find that small firms...
- Spend now, benefit later. Laker, Sally // Lending Strategy;Dec2008/Jan2009, p19
The article discusses several benefits of investing in marketing during a downturn. According to him, some of the smartest businesses are increasing their marketing spend during tough economic times rather than cutting back. Also, they are said to be using their profits set aside during the good...