- UZBEKISTAN INITIATES DEVELOPMENT GATEWAY. // Middle East Business Intelligence;3/20/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p8
Focuses on Uzbekistan's Web-branch of the Development Gateway Portal (DGP) project which began operations on August 21, 2001. Coverage of the Uzbekistan Development Gateway Proejct; Information on DGP; Main partners in the project.
- THE PORTAL ADVANTAGE. Greene, Jan // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Oct2001, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p56
Focuses on the advantages of the installation of Internet portals in hospitals for doctors in United States. Use of Internet portals by physicians at Memorial Health in Savannah, Georgia; Features of the physician portal at Saint Joseph Health System in Orange, California; Difficulties in...
- STANDARDS-BASED INSTRUCTIONAL MODULES. Vasquez, Jose // American Biology Teacher (National Association of Biology Teache;Apr2003, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p304
Reviews the Web portal Vision Learning, produced by Anthony Carpi.
- A Google alternative. Kidman, Angus // Australian PC User;Jan2011, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p103
The article reviews the search engine Wolfram Alpha.
- Surveying portal paths. Moore, Cathleen // InfoWorld;4/29/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p1
Deals with the implementation of enterprise portal technology as of April 2002. Reasons for confusion in what portal technology to use; Values that pure-play software vendors offer; Benefits associated with standardizing on a portal that is tied to a vendor's larger infrastructure lineup.
- CMGI's Web dealmaking hits big-time. Gilbert, Jennifer // Advertising Age;10/4/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 41, p42
This article considers the move of CMGI as of October 1999 to relaunch AltaVista Web portal and to open a second portal called MyWay.com. AltaVista is the search engine-turned-portal bought by CMGI from Compaq Computer Corp, while the MyWay.com portal is developed to provide personalized...
- Web Portals. // Poptronics;Apr2001, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p20
Evaluates different Web portals. Search engines; Link directory; Chat rooms; Instant messaging; Electronic mail; Platform servers; Google; My Activity Web.
- Context Is King. Guglielmo, Connie // Interactive Week;10/22/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 41, p43
Focuses on the result of a survey on Internet portals conducted by the Ovum research firm. Advice of the company; Need for portals to invest in personalization technology; Growth predictions for Internet portals.
- Embracing the Personal and Trivial. Lee, B. J. // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);11/5/2007 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 150 Issue 19, p40
The article takes a look at South Korea's biggest online search engine, Naver. Naver is a local portal which takes local customs and culture into consideration. It was started in 2002 and has collected a database of 70 million questions and answers, which it draws upon whenever a new query...