- Orascom Telecom loan is on the verge of closure. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/30/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 26, p6
Reports that the syndication of a loan for Orascom Telecom in Egypt is scheduled to close in early July 2000. Formation of a seven-member arranging group; Names of the joint lead arrangers of the loan; Pricing of the three-year loan at 250 basis points over Libor.
- OT Sets Bullish Tone In Egypt. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/12/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p17
Focuses on sentiment of capitalists towards the Egyptian stock markets as compared with other markets in the Persian Gulf region in the aftermath of the war in Iraq. Factors that played a role in the market conditions; Contributions of Orascom Telecom on the performance of the equity markets.
- Altimo buyout of Orascom runs into obstacles. // Russian Telecom;May2013, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p4
The article reports that Russian firm Altimo's would-be buyout of minority shareholders in Egypt's Orascom Telecom Holding has fallen short of the regulator-stipulated 26.6 percent minimum required for the buyout and highlights the firm's request to waive the minimum take-up requirement.
- Orascom Telecom breaks Cairo record. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/21/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 29, p20
Focuses on the offering of stocks of Egypt-based Orascom Telecom. Amount of funds raised by the company; Price per share of the offered stocks.
- Egypt. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/25/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p18
Reports on the financial of the regional expansion drive of Egypt's Orascom Telecom. Use of equity and debt; Other alternative options for debt instruments.
- Fine price for OT. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/30/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 26, p17
Focuses on the initial public offering of Orascom Telecom in Egypt. Global offering in the form of a $329 million capital increase; Aim of generating liquidity in the stock in both the local and global depositary receipt markets.
- Orascom brings on new revenue streams. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/22/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 38, p20
Focuses on the financial performance of Cairo, Egypt-based Orascom Telecom for the first half of year 2000. Comparison with 1999 figures; Reasons for the increase in earnings; Rise in share price of the telecommunication firm.
- Egypt. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/12/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 45, p22
Reports that Egypt-based telephone company Orascom Telecom has won a license to operate a mobile telephone business in Congo-Brazzaville. Details of the contract.
- Orascom Telecom demerger delayed by Egypt unrest. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/22/2011, Vol. 55 Issue 29, p21
The article reports that the demerger of telecom assets of Orascom Telecom Holding SAE (OTH) has been delayed due to the uncertain political situation in Egypt.