Buffett's Wild Ride This Fall
- Sands chief back in top 10 on Forbes list. Stutz, Howard // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);10/3/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p13
The article reports on the return of Las Vegas Sands Corp. chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Sheldon Adelson in the Top 10 list of the Forbes Richest People in the U.S. after filing for bankruptcy in 2008.
- THE YEAR'S BIGGEST WINNERS. // Forbes Asia;Oct2013, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p80
The article presents the photographs of the several plutocrats of the U.S. along with briefs on them, which include Warren Buffett, Sheldon Adelson, and Christy Walton. Michael Bloomberg
- Billionaires bear brunt. Lee, Matthew // BRW;5/28/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p15
The article focuses on the effect of current downturn to the world's richest people. It cites that the wealth of billionaires around the globe dropped by 45% and some of these billionaires include Warren Buffet and Lakshmi Mittal. It suggests that the implication of the global financial crises...
- THE FORBES 400. Miller, Matthew; Serafin, Tatiana // Forbes Asia;10/16/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 17, p44
The article cites the richest businesspeople in the U.S. The collective net worth of the wealthiest in the U.S. climbed from $120 billion to $1.25 trillion in 2006. Developer John P. Manning used political savvy to build a $1.1 billion fortune in part by brokering low-income housing projects....
- A rogue billionaire whose a friend of the little guy. Pizzigati, Sam // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;9/1/2011, Vol. 75 Issue 5, Special section p23
The article discusses the views of billionaire Warren Buffet on how to manage a business and relates on the reaction of his fellow billionaires concerning the article he wrote in the "New York Times" wherein he suggests imposing higher taxes for rich people.
- What's in Your Closet, Warren Buffett? HIGHTOWER, JIM // Progressive Populist;10/1/2013, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p3
The author comments on the assets of billionaire Warren Buffet including about 80 corporations with over 2,000 subsidiaries and short-line railroads in Iowa and Oregon.
- We'll Always Have Vegas. Foroohar, Rana; Gross, Daniel // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);3/16/2009 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 153 Issue 11, p60
An interview with Sheldon G. Adelson, chairman of the Las Vegas Sands Corp., is presented in which he discusses how the casino business is doing during the U.S. financial crisis, and his investments in Macau, China casinos. Adelson gives his views on the financial crises in the U.S. and China,...
- Citizenship for Sale? Mizzi, Shannon // Foreign Service Journal;Oct2015, p12
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Congress to establish reform of the EB-5 immigrant investor program, which has been changed from a pilot to an official program in 2012 by U.S. President Barack Obama. Topics discussed include the proposal of some legislators to expand the program as a...
- THE WARREN BUFFETT SHE KNOWS. Smith, Kyle // People;10/27/2008, Vol. 70 Issue 17, p50
An interview with biographer Alice Schroeder is presented. Schroeder is asked about spending time with Warren Buffett, whether or not he is really leaving his money to charity, any suggestions he gave for the 2008 financial crises in the U.S., and what Warren Buffett is really like. Warren...