Fire-hit Jarabosky workshop was not covered by insurance
- Some Notable Fires Since 1835. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p242
No abstract available.
- Pyromaniac on the loose. Demers, Jim // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/11/93, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p23
States that fourteen arsons in six weeks have soured what should have been a joyful country Christmas for the town of Gibbons, population 2,500, 20 miles north of Edmonton. What has been set ablaze; When the torching began; Dean Remier's experience; Remier family offered $5,000 reward for...
- Highrise fire concerns unresolved. J.S.R. // Architectural Record;Jun1991, Vol. 179 Issue 6, p39
Reports that more than three months after a major, deadly fire at One Meridien Plaza in Philadelphia, important questions remain unresolved about how the fire went out of control and why the building's fire protection systems were so vulnerable.Looks at the fire, protection, and city mandates.
- `A visitation of providence'. Southall, Margaret // Beaver;Aug/Sep91, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p36
Provides information on the July 29, 1916 fire in Matheson, Canada. Destruction caused by the fire; Actions done by the citizens to stop the fire; How Cochrane's volunteer firefighters efforts to stop the fire; Components of the relief efforts begun by survivors; The use of the railway in the...
- SFDC Survives Fire. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Oct99, Vol. 100 Issue 10, p16
Reports on the fire that damaged the Galleria building of the San Francisco Design Center in California. Estimated worth of the damage; Reason no one was hurt by the fire; Expected completion of all repairs.
- After the fire. Leyhe, Ann // Horticulture;Oct92, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p16
Reports on the Berkeley and Oakland area of California, one year after the fire. 25 people killed, 3,000 homes destroyed; Because of the drought following the fire, owners replaced the plantings that needed lots of water and maintenance; Grove of ironwoods that were not touched; How the fire...
- Descriptive epidemiology of unintentional residential fire injuries in King County, WA, 1984 and... Ballard, Jane E.; Koepsell, Thomas D. // Public Health Reports;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 107 Issue 4, p402
Presents a study that was population-based and used the Washington State Fire Incident Reporting System to assess the incidence and descriptive epidemiology of fatal and nonfatal burns or respiratory tract damage resulting from unintentional residential fires. Methods; Results; Types of injury...
- Testing FRT plywood. DiChristina, M.; Henkenius, M. // Popular Science;Apr92, Vol. 240 Issue 4, p49
Reports that fire-retardant-treated (FRT) plywood roofs are failing in large numbers. Gives details on a device patented by architect and consultant Stanley Sersen that tests plywood in buildings to determine its remaining strength.
- Putting up the Christmas lights Louisiana style. Sternberg, M.A.; Gould, P. // Smithsonian;Dec89, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p146
Photo essay with text of the building of massive bonfires on the Mississippi levee in southern Louisiana which are lit on Christmas Eve. History of ritual; Constructing the pyres; Community involvement.