Price of wire rod to rise in new year
- Pricing a critical factor. Reels, Carris // Wire Journal International;Nov2004, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p44
Focuses on the importance of pricing as a critical factor in the evaluation of reel suppliers to the wire industry. Conditions that have affected the reel manufacturing industry; Significance of material flexibility in the reel market; Options for wire packaging.
- USA Wire Rod Mills Keep Prices on a Tight Leash. Memmel, Katie // Wire & Cable Technology International;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p32
The article offers the author's insights on the state of wire rod mills prices in the U.S. He says that country's domestic rod mills are confident to keep spot prices from declining than $640. She mentions that import offer prices placed substantial pressure to domestic wire rod prices, wherein...
- Fencing for the Homestead. Maxwell, Steve // Mother Earth News;Feb/Mar2006, Issue 214, p104
The article highlights several electric fencing options and selecting their energizer in the U.S. Woven wire costs about $1,500 per quarter mile as of February 2006. Barbed wire can harm children, livestock and wildlife. High-tensile electric wire has the most lowest annual cost of ownership...
- Rumors, lawsuits and Oreos: China's spotty role in the U.S. wire rod market. Memmel, Katie // Wire Journal International;Aug2013, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p20
In this article, the author talks about the China's role in the wire rod market of U.S. She highlights the concerns surrounding Chinese wire rod that have been developing along with rumors of an imminent trade case. She further mentions that main cause for concern remains the prices as Chinese...
- Bekaert reports higher sales, challenges, Asia focus. // Wire Journal International;Oct2006, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p12
The article focuses on higher sales, pricing and business challenges for the Asian operations of the Belgium-based wire company Bekaert. The company has seen sales increase in other markets and has continued to make adjustments to its business. Bekaert has continued to advance its position on...
- Chinese rebar and wire rod prices continue to go up. // Wire Journal International;May2005, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p26
Reports on the increase in rebar and wire rod prices in China. Inclusion of the value-added taxation as one of the cause of price increase; Price of per ton of rebar and wire rod; Comparison of the pricing from previous year.
- Scrap & Import Trends Conspire Against USA Wire Rod Prices. // Fastener Technology International;Aug/Sep2012, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p14
The article looks at the scrap and import trends with wire rod prices in the U.S. in May 2012. Domestic wire rod prices began to crop up at the end of the month, for about $10/net ton below the general range of $720 to $740/net ton. It highlights the forecast for June, which pointed firmly...
- Margin impact felt. Walker, Tom // Wire Journal International;Nov2004, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p44
Focuses on the impact of the pressure from the wire industry to reduce prices on packaging items such as spools and reels. Difficulties encountered by the wire industry related to shrinking profit margins; Termination of the production of some packaging products.
- Environment = savings. Uhlenbrock, Bill // Wire Journal International;Nov2004, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p48
Focuses on the demand for more recyclable packaging in the wire industry and its implications for the reel industry. Factors driving the trend; Importance of being proactive in recycling.