Problems are uncovered
- Lean this way, please. // Management Services;Sep2003, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p5
A major company in the food packaging industry has made significant inroads into improving productivity in various areas of the manufacturing process. Earlier in 2003, they had used various techniques to reduce the setup time for one their major processes. Originally taking 3 operators 24 hours,...
- Interest in productivity improvement across all sectors. // Management Services;Spring2010, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the results of a review of year 2009 by productivity training provider Scott-Grant which found that all the business sectors were represented among its client list.
- Get on top of the world. Wraige, Helen // Professional Engineering;03/14/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p26
Focuses on the competitive advantages of integrating enterprise resource planning with control systems in manufacturing processes. Strategies to boost business communication; Recognition of cultural barriers that could hinder the implementation of such processes.
- Positron Moves into New PosiRx Manufacturing Facility. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;8/23/2011, Vol. 21, p122
The article focuses on the relocation of Positron Corp., a molecular imaging company for its PosiRx manufacturing, product research and development facility. It states that the manufacturing facility has been relocated three miles from its former location in Fishers, Indiana, which provides...
- Lean and Clean. // Management Services;Jul2003, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p5
Reports that the Scott-Grant company, a manufacturer of medical supplies, was looking to introduce lean manufacturing techniques into their operation in the hope of achieving further improvements to their productivity levels.
- How to achieve the seemingly impossible. // Management Services;Dec2003, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p5
The article provides advice from a consultant from Scott-Grant on how to improve productivity in a company with a history of steady growth and flexible production systems and accepted a significant contract from a major customer which would boost their sales considerably. The consultant...
- No Tears Over The Demise of Muda. Fleming, Mick // Business Journal (Central New York);11/17/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 46, p19
Focuses on the practice of the concept of lean manufacturing process designed to reduce wastes and excess production in New York. Ironies to lean thinking being done by lean manufacturing enterprises; Role in productivity improvement; Consideration of going lean as a survival strategy.
- Implementing Lean Production. Tennant, George C. // Business Journal (Central New York);11/17/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 46, p21
Presents the eight major wastes identified in the Lean Manufacturing process. Causes of overproduction and excessive inventory; Reasons making defects a major waste; Insignificance of extra processing.
- Â£5m lean initiative for south east. // Works Management;May2003, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p13
Reports on the lean manufacturing program which aims to increase productivity from the South East England Agency. Selection of professional services firm KPMG to promote and manage the program; Industries that will be included in the program.