TO THE POINT
- MOVERS AND SHAKERS. Darby, Ian // Campaign (UK);10/5/2001, Issue 40, p26
Reports developments in direct marketing agencies in Great Britain as of October 2001. Use of mixed media in marketing campaigns; Decline in interactive media campaigns; Decrease in merger activities among agencies.
- EU direct mailing and online spend smashes record. Rosser, Michael // Precision Marketing;5/31/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p1
Presents information on the report 'Survey on Direct and Interactive Marketing Activities in Europe 2001,' which was released by the Fedma organization. Increase in the spending for direct and interactive marketing in Europe; Estimated cost of expenditure for investments in direct and...
- DEAR MARKETER:. Wientzen, H. Robert // Direct;Jun2004, Vol. 16 Issue 8, pS3
Highlights the DM Days New York conference and exhibition which will be held in May 2004. Market value of the direct and interactive marketing industry; Projected direct response sales of New York in 2007; Features of the show.
- Online direct marketers will form new trade group. Maddox, Kate // Advertising Age;8/10/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 32, p18
Reports that interactive marketing executives met in August 1998 with the intent of forming a new industry association inder the working title of Internet Direct Marketing Bureau. Concerns that two interactive marketing associations, Internet Advertising Bureau and the Direct Marketing...
- The Nature of Online Advertising. Leth, Jan // Print;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p108
Presents an article about interactive online advertising. Benefit of interactive advertising; Concerns regarding the practice; Reasons for the success of creatives in interactive advertising.
- Branders Seek DRTV Gold. McCrea, Bridget // Response;Aug2002, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p22
Reports on the increasing number of U.S. brand marketers using direct response marketing to grow their businesses. Use of infomercials by the Indy Racing League; Use of short- and long-form infomercials by AOL/Time Warner for its broadband services; Production of Indy Racing infomercials by...
- Caples enters 33rd year with four new categories. // DM News;7/26/2010, p14
The article announces that the deadline for entries for the 33rd annual John Caples International Awards, founded by direct marketing pioneer Andi Emerson in 1978 honoring the best in direct and interactive marketing, will be on September 27, 2010 and will include four new categories.
- Direct marketers must brace for stormy times. Obrecht, John // B to B;10/09/2000, Vol. 85 Issue 16, p16
Comments on Direct Marketing Association (DMA) President H. Robert Wientzen's presentation at the group's September 2000 Net.marketing conference, on the state of interactive direct marketing. Use of meteorological metaphors to assess the state of the industry; Outlook for online sales in the...
- REVISITING THE CONCEPTUAL DEFINITION OF DIRECT MARKETING: PERSPECTIVES FROM PRACTITIONERS AND SCHOLARS. Scovotti, Carol; Spiller, Lisa D. // Marketing Management Journal;Fall2006, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p188
Sales attributed to direct marketing activities continue to grow worldwide. Despite its growth, there is no agreement of what direct marketing is. Terms like directed marketing, relationship marketing, interactive marketing, etc. are used to describe direct marketing activities. This term de...