A Catholic Revival
- Just how bad is it? Feuerherd, Joe // National Catholic Reporter;10/17/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 44, p3
Discusses the priest shortage crisis in the Catholic Church in the United States. Factors causing the decrease in the number of priests; Effect of the priest shortage on parish life; Rise in the number of parishes without a resident priest.
- An African priest: Shortage of American priests leads to more diversity in the nation's Catholic churches. Morgan, Mandy // National Catholic Reporter;10/17/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 44, p6
Discusses the diversity in the Catholic churches in the U.S. due to the presence of foreign priests. Reversal of the role of the country in sending missionaries; Common nationalities of foreign-born priests; Problems encountered by foreign priests in administering their functions.
- Parish Mission. Kirchner, Donnell // Priest;Jan2013, p40
The article highlights the significant role of a parish mission in invigorating faith in communities. It explains what makes parish mission a unique religious exercise. It points out the benefits of having a parish mission which include helping followers of Christ to realize their choice of...
- `A model rural parish': Priests and people in the Michigan `Thumb,' 1923-1928. Tentler, Leslie Woodcock // Catholic Historical Review;Jul1992, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p413
Focuses on the Catholic experiment in rural evangelization in Michigan's Protestant-dominated `Thumb' in the mid-1920s. Sending of priests to the area in 1923; Geographical problems; Psychic and economic damage inflicted by overt anti-Catholicism; Home visitation program; Access to the sacraments.
- An Addition or Two. Foster, George // America;11/1/1919, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p29
The article discusses issues related to the social activities and responsibilities of the Catholic Church in the U.S., focusing on funding, funds disbursements and debts. It presents a list of categories of activities of which Catholic Church was involved at which were the parochial, diocesan...
- EL CENIZO, TEXAS. // Extension: Awakening the Mission Spirit in America;Oct2010, p22
The article offers information regarding the Santa Monica Mission in El Cenizo, Texas. It states that the church has brought a spirit of hope in El Cenizo community with 3,500 residents struggling from poverty, unemployment, and substance abuse. According to religious coordinator Sister Theresa...
- CORRESPONDENCE. B. De C.; ARMFELT, BARON // America;10/18/1913, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p36
The article presents an update on the Catholic Church as of October 1913. It notes that the religious revival in Paris, France is distinct and most encouraging as Catholics in the area have learned to unite their forces and disregard their individual preferences and sympathies for a higher...
- Parochialism, Nationalism and Catholicism. Keeler, Floyd // America;10/11/1924, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p611
The author reflects on the parochialism and nationalism of Catholics. He argues that parochialism and nationalism are the defective concepts of Catholicism, stating that Catholics should not be confounded by nationalism in religion with patriotism in the political domain. According to the...
- World Catholic Press. Culhane, Eugene K. // America;9/19/1959, Vol. 101 Issue 25, p711
The article presents several writings related to the Catholic Church in the U.S. The author of "The Rural Apostolate of the Catholic Farmer" describes what is required of the Catholic farm-owners if tenant farmers are to live as human beings. The article "Looking Beyond the Parish" focuses on...