THOUGHTS ON THE BUSINESS OF LIFE
- From Berlin Childhood in Nineteen Hundred. Benjamin, Walter; Neugroschel, Joachim // Grand Street;Spring95, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p112
Presents author Walter Benjamin's reminiscences of childhood in Berlin, Germany.
- The work of art in the domain of digital production. Jukes, Peter // New Statesman & Society;7/17/92, Vol. 5 Issue 211, p40
Celebrates the 100th anniversary of the birth of German critic, philosopher and scholar Walter Benjamin with a revision of his most famous essay `The work of art in the age of mechanical reproduction,' written in 1936. Evaluates art in the light of modern digital technology.
- Germany to build Benjamin memorial in Spain. Phillips, Christopher // Art in America;Dec92, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p25
Reports that official funding has been secured in Germany for a hotly debated memorial to critic Walter Benjamin, whose writings on culture and esthetics have been reckoned among the most influential of the 20th century. Cost of the memorial; Designer Dani Karavan; Site of the memorial; More.
- Unpacking: Walter Benjamin and his library. Lewandowski, Joseph D. // Libraries & Culture;Spring99, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p151
Focuses on literary critic and essayist Walter Benjamin and his passion for book collecting. Personal background; Written works; Benjamin and his love affair with his books; Reflections on collecting; Amending the historical fate of devalued objects.
- Introduction: Benjamin's Passage-work. Webber, Andrew // Paragraph;Nov2009, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p265
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Carolin Duttlinger on author Walter Benjamin's accounts of the reception and production of narrative and another by Thomas Elsaesser on a particular form of dialectic identified by Benjamin in silent film.
- ALEGORIJA KAIP KALBÄ–JIMAS APIE KITYBÄ˜. Vidauskytė, Lina // Religion & Culture / Religija ir Kultura;2009, Vol. 6 Issue 1/2, p117
No abstract available.
- Parable and theme: Kafka and American Fiction. Sandbank, Shimon // Comparative Literature;Summer85, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p252
Evaluates Walter Benjamin's essay on Kafka. Information on the three-fold gap at the center of Kafka's stories; Details on the scene that contains Kafka's novels; Influence of Kafka's fiction on modern American literature.
- LITERATURANGABEN. // Dissonance / Dissonanz;jun2013, Issue 122, p91
A bibliography for the article "Representing Benjamin" in the June 2013 issue of "Dissonance / Dissonanz" musicology journal is presented.
- The Angel of History. Barglow, Raymond // Tikkun;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p50
Profiles Walter Benjamin, a German Jewish literary critic and philosopher. Discussion on his vision of hope and despair before he committed suicide during the Second World War; How Benjamin's attitudes in life affected others; Account of his life; Details on his writings.