Merck's Free Radical
- Victories and deceptions in tumor immunology StimuvaxÂ®. Kroemer, Guido; Zitvogel, Laurence; Galluzzi, Lorenzo // OncoImmunology;Jan2013, Vol. 2 Issue 1, pe23687-1
The article discusses the failure of the Phase III clinical trial to examine the efficacy of Stimuvax, an anticancer vaccine licensed by Merck & Co. Inc., in a cohort of non-small cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC) patients. It mentions that the vaccine might have been aimed in a suboptimal fashion. It...
- Merck repurposes cancer drug. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/11/2014, pA02
The drug giant said its recently approved melanoma drug Keytruda showed promise in a small, early study of patients with a particularly hard-to-treat form of breast cancer. The study gave Keytruda, the 1st of a new class of drugs called PD-1 inhibitors, to 27 patients with advanced breast cancer.
- Gardasil. // Pharmaceutical Representative;Feb2011, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p11
The article presents the approval of Gardasil from Merck & Co. Inc., designed for the prevention of anal cancer caused by human papillomavirus (HPV) applicable for patient ages 9 to 26.
- Merck & Co announces launch of collaborative cancer trials network. // PharmaWatch: Cancer;Jul2010, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p17
The article announces the launch of the collaborative trials network by Merck and Co. Inc. that will focus on the development of Merck drug and vaccine candidates investigated for the treatment and prevention of cancer.
- Pfizer, Merck Explore Cancer Therapies. // Chain Drug Review;2/17/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p46
The article reports that drug manufactuirng companies Pfizer Inc. and a pair of Merck & Co. subsidiaries have collaborated to explore the therapeutic potential of Merck's investigational anti-PD-1 therapy, MK-3475, in combination with two oncology assets of Pfizer.
- CORPORATE. // MondayMorning;6/10/2013, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p2
The article offers news briefs from the health care industry as of June 10, 2013. A study conducted by Merck & Co. Inc. which shows an experimental drug which unleashes the human body's immune system to shrank tumors of patients with advance melanoma. Pfizer Inc. develops a new cancer drug...
- Merck files EU marketing application for vorinostat in lymphoma. // PharmaWatch: Cancer;Jan2008, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p4
The article reports that Merck & Co. Inc. has filed a marketing authorization application with the European Medicines Agency for vorinostat to treat advanced, refractory cutaneous T-cell lymphoma, a type of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. According to Stephen Friend, executive vice president of oncology...
- Novel PD-1 antibody induced response in previously treated NSCLC. Todak, Alexandra // Hem/Onc Today;2/10/2014, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p22
The article discusses the results of a randomized clinical trial which revealed that the novel PD-1 antibody MK3475 developed by pharmaceutical firm Merck & Co. was able to induce durable objective responses in patients with previously-treated non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- Endocyte. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;5/ 5/2014, pA02
The article reports on the results of the clinical trials on Vynfinit, a drug agent for ovarian cancer treatment, which has been initiated by pharmaceutical firms Endocyte in partnership with Merck & Co. Inc.