Sticking to Basics
- Made-in-Japan Teaching Method. Tsunoda, Akio // Economy, Culture & History Japan Spotlight Bimonthly;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p20
The article features Kumon, a Japanese educational services provider. Japanese high school teacher Toru Kumon conceived a prototype learning method in 1954 which is now known as the Kumon Method. The first overseas Kumon Center opened in New York in 1974, employing the methods of individualized...
- Get Smart. // New York;3/30/2009, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p36
The article reports that Kumon, a franchised tutoring service, has opened two branches in Manhattan, New York. The author reviews the academic achievements of various students receiving instruction, noting that one-third of the reading students and half of the math students are studying above...
- Kumon brings class to retail centers. Robaton, Anna // Shopping Centers Today;Dec2012, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p48
The article reports that Kumon North America, a subsidiary of private educational company Kumon Institute of Education Co. Ltd., has opened its Kumon tutoring centers in retail spaces. Topics discussed include the use of the Kumon method or mathematics and reading educational method developed by...
- Learning should be the first step into e-training. Steed, Colin // IT Training;Jul2002, p10
Focuses on the methods and technique involved in the teaching of electronic learning (e-learning). Characteristics of an effective on-line tutor; Importance of backing up online self-study with tutorial support; Availability of standards and competency frameworks forming the basis of e-training.
- Sobre el lugar de los contenidos, la interacciï¿½n y el tutor en un modelo de enseï¿½anza en lï¿½nea. Dorfsmani, Marcelo I. // Revista de la Educaciï¿½n a Distancia;2012, Issue 30, p1
This paper analyzes an on-line teaching model by focusing on three main didactic components: content, the tutor's role and interaction. The aim of this research is to investigate the influence of those didactic components on on-line teaching model, by examining the on-line course participants'...
- ELECTRONIC TUTORIALS FOR SCHOOL DISCIPLINES TEACHING AND LEARNING. Saprykina, Galina A. // Problems of Education in the 21st Century;2008, Vol. 5, p145
Equalization of opportunities for getting qualitative knowledge by schoolchildren in various regions of our planet and individualization of the educational process become the most important problems of the education system in 21-th century. Our time is characterized by intensive computerization...
- Hardware. Felix, Kathie // Multimedia Schools;Nov2003, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p54
Evaluates GeoSafari Word Lab, an electronic, hand-held language arts tutor device from Educational Insights Inc. Description of the product; Price; Features.
- TAX SOFTWARE REVIEWS. Stewart, Dave N.; Lanese, Karen; Linda Nelsestuen; O'Neil, Cherie // Journal of the American Taxation Association;Spring95, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p105
This article focuses on Mizzou Tutor, an electronic tutorial for use in traditional undergraduate tax classes. It has six corporate chapters, one partnership chapter and one S corporation chapter. Each chapter is divided into lessons, which include an introduction to the topic, an overview of...
- MATH TUTOR: PERCENTS, RATIOS, PROPORTIONS. // School Library Journal;Sep89, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p183
Reviews the computer software "Math Tutor: Percents, Ratios, Proportions," produced by Scholastic.