- China reg restricts cablers. Coonan, Clifford // Variety;8/13/2007, Vol. 407 Issue 12, p17
The article discusses the efforts of China's State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (SARFT) to stop the broadcasting of unauthorized foreign satellites in Chinese cable television. The Chinese government's control of television content has led them to impose restrictions on...
- Phoenix flies into broadcast fight. Kan, Wendy // Variety;9/9/2002, Vol. 388 Issue 4, p25
Focuses on the approval issued for cable television provider Phoenix Satellite Television to broadcast in Taiwan in September 2002. Significance of the approval to the television industry in Taiwan; Description of the industry in Taiwan.
- Phoenix TV launches new era in cross-border digital broadcasting. // NetworkWorld Asia;Dec2009, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p34
The article reports on the launch of Phoenix Satellite Television Co. Ltd.'s cross-border digital broadcasting in 2010. The company upgrades the production and office networks at its Tai Po, Hong Kong, China-based head office. Two network architectures are designed by H3C Technologies Co. Ltd....
- Phoenix rises on IPO. Kwong, Kevin // Variety;07/10/2000, Vol. 379 Issue 7, p40
Reports that the stake of Star TV in Phoenix Satellite Television will be reduced as the Chinese TV operator prepares to float on the Growth Enterprise Market. Shares offered by Phoenix to the public; Background of Phoenix; Important element to the growth of Phoenix Television.
- LION AND PHOENIX TEAM UP FOR PROD'N FIRST. Clarke, Steve // Variety;11/24/2003, Vol. 393 Issue 2, p30
Announces that Lion Television has joined forces with Hong Kong, China-based Phoenix Satellite Television Co. to produce biographies of Chinese emperors. Terms of the partnership deal between the two companies; Scope of Phoenix's broadcasting coverage in China.
- GLOBAL VIEW. // Gay Times (09506101);May2007, Issue 344, p108
The article offers world news briefs on gay issues. El Salvador ambassador Tzuriel Rafael has been recalled by Israel, after police found him in the Embassy compound drunk and wearing only bondage gear. Gay officers in the Philippines have been warned not to engage in lustful conduct and not to...
- InfoNews accesses China. Ghahremani, Yasmin // Daily Variety;1/8/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 3, p24
Reports that Phoenix Satellite has won landing rights for its InfoNews Channel in china. Percentage of the share of the company owned by News Corp.; Limitation of audience across the country; Assessment of the operation of the network by vice president Robert Uren.
- Phoenix rising as Taiwan licenses China station. Grauwels, Stephan // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/3/2001, Vol. 368 Issue 50, p7
Reports on the expected awarding of license to Hong Kong-based Phoenix Satellite Television to enable it to air programs in Taiwan beginning August 2001. Phoenix's airing of three channels in Mandarin in mainland China; Skepticism of analysts on public reception for the station in Taiwan.
- Star to cut Phoenix stake. Kwong, Kevin // Daily Variety;06/21/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 13, p10
Reports on satellite television network Star TV's plan to reduce its stake in China-based television broadcasting firm Phoenix Satellite Television as of June 21, 2000. Company background.