Life Beyond Exports
- Comeback Trail. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;10/26/98, Vol. 256 Issue 4, p35
Investigates the impact of the nationwide strike on United Parcel Service in Louisville, Kentucky. Decline in domestic business; Introduction of services as a guaranteed ground service; Decrease in revenue of the company. INSET: â€˜Serious as a heart attackâ€™, by John D. Schulz..
- Take guesswork out of import costs. // Transportation & Distribution;Jul99, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p9
Reports on an import program offering launched by the United Parcel Service. How the import program works; Goal of the program; Comments from Marc Jones, the company's United States strategy manager for business development.
- Profiting UPS. // Air Cargo World;Aug2002, Vol. 92 Issue 8, p8
A traffic shift by some U.S. shippers wary of labor controversy apparently did little to divert profits away from United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS), which saw sharp gains in international business offset a slip in the stumbling United States domestic market in the second quarter of 2002. As the...
- Strike? What Strike? Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;3/1/99, Vol. 257 Issue 9, p21
Reports on the Teamsters strike against United Parcel Service in August 1997. Bankruptcy of the union; Posting of record earnings and revenue; Presentation of profit and international operations.
- Carriers Face Air Cargo Stagnation. Karp, Aaron; Cantle, Katie // Material Handling & Logistics;Aug2013, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p40
The article reports that air cargo companies are getting more efficient and are looking for other shipping options. The Chinese cargo carriers sank into losses in 2012 because of slow-own in demand from Western markets and oversupply of cargo capacities. United Parcel Service Inc.'s 2012...
- UPS gaps up on beat. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;7/29/2015, pA02
The article offers information on the financial performance of logistics company United Parcel Service (UPS) including supply chain and freight revenue, earnings, and earnings per share (EPS).
- Digging a deep hole to China. Rundles, Jeff // ColoradoBiz;Sep2005, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p94
Comments on a survey conducted by international package shipper United Parcel Service Inc. that concluded that a growing middle class of consumers in China had a burning desire to buy everything American. Top American products desired by these Chinese consumers; Author's prediction that China is...
- Despite Tax Hit, UPS `Captive' Gets Kudos. Sclafane, Susanne // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;03/20/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 12, p3
Reports that the United States (US) Internal Revenue Service has commended United Parcel Service (UPS) of America company for its captive-like insurance. Tax penalties imposed on UPS; Overview of the insurance program of UPS; Liability found by a US Tax Court.
- Overseas Partners Battles IRS. Lonkevich, Dan // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;08/30/99, Vol. 103 Issue 35, p23
Deals with Overseas Partners Limited's (OPL) petition to the United States (US) Internal Revenue Service for a redetermination of deficiencies for tax years 1988, 1989 and 1990. Information on the ruling issued by the US Tax Courts against United Parcel Service; Details on the petition;...