- Is an IPO your sale of choice? Daks, Martin C. // Business News New Jersey;07/26/99, Vol. 12 Issue 29, p12
Part X. Discusses the nature of initial public offerings (IPO) as the sale of choice for companies. Effect of fluctuations in stock market on IPO; Suitability of company for IPO; Marketability of business; Exchange's capitalization requirements; Reverse merger as IPO alternative; Need for a...
- Hot new stocks: The cold hard facts. // Consumer Reports;Mar1996, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p60
Offers advice on investing in the stock market. Reasons for caution in buying stock from initial public offerings (IPO); Chart showing the best and worst performing IPOs in 1995.
- As demand soars for tech IPOs in Europe, big winners are growth-company exchanges. Peterson, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/06/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p13
Focuses on the impact of increased demand for technology initial public offering (IPO) on growth-company stock markets in Europe. Reasons for the demand for technology IPO; Analysis on the type of companies searching for equity; Benefits gained by exchange market Neuer Market from launched IPO;...
- Pan-European mart edges closer with German Bourse vote. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/27/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 13, p11
Reports on voting by the German Bourse to determine whether to go public in a move that will bring together all stock exchanges in Europe. Approval of an initial public offering for an exchange called Euroboard; Reason for changes in European bourses.
- Stock Market. // Paraguay Country Review;2001/2002, p59
Highlights the Asuncion Stock Exchange in Paraguay. History of the stock exchange; Amount of transactions handled by the stock exchange monthly; Factors that prevent businesses from making public offerings; Number of companies listed in the stock exchange.
- Swings could cut IPOs. Roush, Matt // Crain's Detroit Business;11/03/97, Vol. 13 Issue 44, p2
Reports about the wild stock swings experienced by Detroit, Michigan which can reduce the number of marginal initial public stock offerings from Detroit area companies according to market watchers. Reactions of some executives on the issue; Information about the status of Detroit's stocks.
- LISTING DESTINATION OF CHINESE COMPANIES: NEW YORK OR HONG KONG? King Fung Tsang // Columbia Journal of Asian Law;Spring2010, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p357
The article presents a comparison of the initial public offering (IPO) markets of the Hong Kong and the New York stock exchanges, with focus on the choice of Chinese companies. The author notes that Chinese companies are the largest IPO clients in the world at present and that China is one of...
- Going public? New guide spells it out for you. // Accountancy;Dec1984, Vol. 95 Issue 1096, p48
Presents information on going public in Great Britain as highlighted in the booklet 'Going Public in the UK.' Main benefits of going public; Procedures for obtaining a listing on the Stock Exchange or a quotation on the USM.
- Issuers pass on chance to be first back in IPO market. Garrity, Brian // Investment Dealers' Digest;09/21/98, Vol. 64 Issue 38, p9
Reports that due to volatility in the United States stock market, several companies issuing initial public offerings (IPO), delayed their plans to go public. Reference to an offering of Performance Printing Corp.; Amount eBay is expected to raise in an IPO; Details on a study by Midtown...