Tried and True
- Propcos seek detail on centralised vehicles. // Estates Gazette;10/23/2010, Issue 1042, p32
The article reports on the demand of the property companies in Great Britain for the government to explain in detail how its centralised property vehicles, in which the control of national property and the promotion of savings in property vehicles will be combined, will work with the private sector.
- From The Editor. Narayan, Sanjoy // Business Today;5/18/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p7
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Tejeesh N. S. Behl on the reasons for the sudden growth in the property market and its subsequent cooling off and another by Arnab Mitra and N. Madhavan on an investigation on the alleged overcharging of steel and...
- Green Grumblings. Hudgins, Matt // National Real Estate Investor;Apr2006, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p12
The article examines the potential impact of a green building proposal, Bill 16-515, on the real estate market in the United States. According to the author, if the bill is passed, it would extend beyond government buildings to mandate compliance in the private sector. Any construction or...
- Kent County Land Bank Authority's boundaries are well considered. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/16/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p12
In the article, the author expresses support for the creation of Land Bank Authority as well as its purchase of 43 properties on the tax foreclosure list of Kent County in Michigan. The author mentions that the Authority, formed by Kent County Board of Commissioners, is composed of...
- BPF promotes private role. // Estates Gazette;5/24/2008, Issue 820, p31
The article considers the proposal of the British Property Federation (BPF) to outsource planning decisions. It wants the private sector to play a greater role in overcoming skills shortages within councils to help minimise delays to schemes. The policy will be revealed in the BPF's Planning...
- Lack of homes blamed on cautious developers. Barnard, Lucy // Estates Gazette;4/9/2005, Issue 514, p38
Reports on an increase in the number of consents and applications for private residential schemes granted by all London councils in England in 2004. Statistics on British housing applications; Decrease in the number of development from 2001 to 2004; Impact of market factors on the rate of...
- Benefits of group therapy. Barraclough, Andrew // Estates Gazette;2/7/2004, Issue 406, p133
Explains the nature of Private Finance Initiative (PFI) projects and their influence on the real property sector in Great Britain. Advantages of PFI to the private sector; Demand for PFI agreements; Factors vital to the success of PFI projects.
- NRI Investment in Real Estate - Time to Buy. // India -- West;8/28/2015, Vol. 40 Issue 41, pB4
No abstract available.
- Public versus private. Jones, Neil // Estates Gazette;11/19/2005, Issue 546, p112
The article examines the implications of the intervention of the Welsh Development Agency into conventional lease terms in the private sector in 2005. The property sector is skeptical about the move by the agency which can undermine the efforts of developers to attract tenants on conventional...