- Adjusting to the Changing Landscape. Smith, Harris; Hughes, Bradley J. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Aug2008, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p8
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Lawrence Gardner on how to navigate lending issue in the distressed market and another by Michael Lisagor on a technology firm acquisition.
- European Bourses: Ripe For Merger-Mania. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Apr2007, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p1
The article looks at the merger trend among global stock exchanges. It mentions that the Budapest Stock Exchange was sold in 2004 to a consortium of banks in Austria, which also have controlling interest in the Vienna Stock Exchange. The decision by the Bulgarian government to sell its 44% stake...
- Bond's silk curse. Linnell, Garry // Bulletin with Newsweek;9/30/2003, Vol. 121 Issue 6392, p8
When those corporate warriors went into battle in the 1980s, plundering the world's financial markets and borrowing billions from timid bankers, the only armor they wore was hubris. Besides greed, these entrepreneurs shared an almost evangelical faith in their ability to go on conquering and...
- Creditor-Focused Corporate Governance: Evidence from Mergers and Acquisitions in Japan. Mehrotra, Vikas; van Schaik, Dimitri; Spronk, Jaap; Steenbeek, Onno // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Aug2011, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p1051
Mergers in Japan have the dubious distinction of not creating wealth for shareholders of target firms, in sharp contrast to what occurs in much of the rest of the world. Using a sample of 91 mergers from 1982 through 2003 we document several distinctive features of the merger market in Japan:...
- M&A's Losing Hand. Sanwal, Anand // Business Finance;Nov2008, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p36
The article discusses the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions in financial markets. According to the author, M&A megadeals that are often used in business growth are affected by credit unavailability and short-term financing rates. The author also provides strategic considerations and...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M & A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/2/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 31, p19
Presents charts and graph depicting the merger and acquisition activities of investment banks as of July 2004.
- Suitor battle seen rekindling consolidation in Bermuda. McCarthy, Colleen // Business Insurance;4/27/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 17, p4
The article reports that the tight credit conditions continue to limit prospects of mergers and acquisitions in the wider property/casualty industry in Bermuda. Industry experts state that only companies with the strongest balance sheets that are able to raise capital can take advantage of...
- Korean Unification. Trombly, Maria // Securities Industry News;6/13/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p20
Reports on the consolidation of the stock exchanges in South Korea in January 2005. Goal of the merger; Reason behind the plan of the Korea Exchange to harmonize rules governing its Kosdaq and stock exchange divisions; Rate of market capitalization accounted for by foreign share ownership in Korea.
- Anticipating a new market landscape. // Asia Insurance Review;Oct2009, p48
The article offers an overview of the insurance industry of Malaysia along with the challenges that are in store for market participants. It notes that the drive of consolidations among companies will continue to bring the number of market players down to less than 20 from 30 members. The...