R.R. Donnelley Adopting PDF, Citing Flexibility, Reliability, Speed
- A Single-Line Success. Gallagher, John // Traffic World;7/31/2000, Vol. 263 Issue 5, p34
Reports on the control of logistics operations by the Chicago, Illinois-based printing company, R.R. Donnelley and Sons Co. by taking advantage of rail options. Reduction of transit times and rates for inbound paper to its printing plants; Improvement of logistics services; Freight operations.
- Term Sheets. // Bank Loan Report;12/2/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p6
Presents the bank loan terms of Chicago, Illinois-based publishing firm R.R. Donnelley and Sons Co.
- RR Donnelley sees little sign of an upturn. Grant, Alex // Printing World;11/4/2002, Vol. 280 Issue 5, p16
Reports on the decline in revenues of publishing house R.R. Donnelley & Sons for the third quarter of 2002. Sales decline suffered by catalogs, magazines and retail; Performance of the company's direct mail arm RRD Direct; Revision of the company's capital expenditure plans and earnings...
- The Latest Word. // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;6/27/2011, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p19
The article offers news briefs for the publishing industry in the U.S. Enfocus NV has introduced PitStop Connect 10 designed to eliminate errors and simplify production process. Pantone Inc. has released its Pantone Plus Series Designer Field Guide, a multi-function version of the Formula Guide....
- Donnelley agrees to buy Penton Press. // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Dec99, Vol. 84 Issue 12, p18
Reports that R.R. Donnelley & Sons Co. has agreed to buy Penton Press, the printing division of Penton Media. Information on the agreement.
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;5/6/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p6
Reports finance developments of the publishing industry in the U.S. Corporate revenues of Harlequin company; Sales of R.R. Donelly book service; Corporate profits of Meredith Corp.
- R.R. Donnelley buys Banta for $1.3 billion. // Pulp & Paper;Dec2006, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p7
The article reports that R.R. Donnelley has outbid Cenveo to acquire Banta Corp. for $1.3 billion. According to the parties, the deal is expected to close in the first quarter of 2007. Banta is a provider of printing and digital imaging services to direct marketers and publishers and has...
- Building a Business on Content Sales. KINSMAN, MATT // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Apr2011, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the different pricing models and products being offered by publishing companies for paid content. New York Times Co. has introduced a subscription plan for the heaviest users of its website. "Lusso Magazine" has introduced micro-payment options for online premium content...
- Donnelley's digital production vision. Hilts, Paul // Publishers Weekly;8/22/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 34, p24
Reports on R.R. Donnelley's display of the machinery used in its book production system called the Donnelley Digital Architecture (DDA). Digital production flow; Description of the machines; Demand-driven planning; Procedure; Company's attitudes toward DDA.