HCI Serving Up Chicken Soup For Reading Souls All Over The World
- Deal Unites Two Leaders In Recovery Books. // Book Publishing Report;12/9/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 48, p6
Focuses on the partnership between publishers Health Communications Inc. (HCI) and Hazelden Publishing Group in the U.S. Distribution of the frontlist and backlist of Hazelden by HCI; Revenue performance of Hazelden; Target market for the books published by Hazelden.
- Marketing blitz for new `Chicken Soup' titles. Zandvakili, R.F.; Zandvakili, Katayoon // Publishers Weekly;8/4/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 32, p24
Describes the promotional plan for the Chicken Soup for the Soul series published by Health Communications. Ford Group's contract with Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen; Necessity of centralized marketing management; Ford Group's reduction of its client roster which also includes Deepak...
- 2005 New York Times Paperback Nonfiction Bestsellers By Publisher. // Book Publishing Report;5/16/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p8
The article presents information on the "2005 New York Times Paperback Nonfiction Bestsellers" list. The publishers of the bestseller books have been ranked according to the number of titles. The publishers that have been listed are: Random House, Vintage, Anchor, Delta, Knopf, Penguin Group USA...
- HCI Broadens Offerings. // Publishers Weekly;11/26/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 48, p15
Discusses the decision of Health Communications Inc. (HCI) to expand its book offerings in 2001. Decline in the sales of the 'Chicken Soup for the Soul,' a book series published by HCI; Lists of books which HCI plans to release in 2002; Expectations of HCI president and publisher Peter Vegso...
- HCI Grows A Forest. // Publishers Weekly;7/23/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 29, p12
The article deals with the efforts of Health Communications Inc. to replace the trees it uses in printing books. Its most ambitious effort dates to 1998, when the company teamed With the National Arbor Day Foundation to create a program that would let the company replace the trees it uses to...
- All about assessment. // Reading Today;Oct/Nov2000, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p34
Focuses on the publication `A Practical Guide to Reading Assessments' from the United States Department of Education, the International Reading Association and Health Communications Incorporated. Role of the guide to teachers and reading tutors; Dimensions of reading covered by the guide; Cost...
- NASCAR's Book Program Moves into Overdrive. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/14/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 28, p15
Focuses on the licensing deals for the book program of NASCAR. Title that emerged from a deal with Chicken Soup publisher Health Communications; Aspects of the adult program; Areas of growth of NASCAR in publishing.
- Live Long and Prosper. Winner, Lauren F. // Publishers Weekly;8/13/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 32, pS4
The article offers a look at books yoking spiritual concerns to the pursuit of prosperity. Cynthia Black of Beyond Words Publishing explains that readers are inspired by Rhonda Byrne's "The Secret" in part because the author presented things in an emotional way that touched people's hearts. The...
- HCI Expanding Global Business. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/6/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 36, p21
Reports that Health Communications Inc. (HCI) has signed rights deals for its Chicken Soup titles with publishers in Germany, France, China and India. Information on an agreement with India's East/West Books; Impact of the deal to HCI.