IDG Books Chief Headlining First ePubExpo This Fall In New York
- 21st-Century Publishing. Hilts, Paul // Publishers Weekly;5/21/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 21, p44
Highlights the 2001 Seminar on Publishing in the 21st Century which focused on the progress made by professional trade publishers adapting their businesses to the Internet. Keynote speech by John Kilcullen, chief executive officer of Hungry Minds Inc.; Result of the electronic delivery of...
- HOME FRONT. // Billboard;3/8/2008, Vol. 120 Issue 10, p10
The article reports that John Kilcullen, the publication's president and publisher, is leaving those positions in March, 2008.
- Crisis = Danger + Opportunity: The 1999 Simba Online Publishing Conference. Detwiler, Susan M. // Searcher;May99, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p72
Reports that discussed at the 1999 Simba Online Publishing Conference for Internet online publishers of business-to-business information focused on client-centered content. Development of vertical market information services; Internet as a medium for content delivery; Role of information...
- Seybold Seminars New York program available on the Web. // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Feb97, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p35
Announces the introduction of updated Seminars program and the Consultant's Directory in the Seybold Seminars Web site. Preparations for the Seybold Seminars New York to be held on April 21-25, 1997.
- XML leaders push forward at Montreal meeting. Bray, Tim // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Sep97, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on the 1997 XML Developers' Day held in Montreal, Quebec. Highlights of the event; Different products demonstrated; Total number of attendees. INSET: XML as an acronym factory..
- Electronic publishing. // UNESCO Sources;Apr96, Issue 78, p19
Reports on the conference on electronic publishing held at the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) from February 20 to 23, 1996. Focus on risks and opportunities presented by the commercialization of the Internet's World Wide Web.
- BookTech '97 to debut in February in New York. // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;12/23/96, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p27
Reports that `Publishing & Production Executive' magazine will introduce BookTech '97, a conference and exhibit in February 1997 in New York city. Contact information.
- Faxon Institute 1991. von Wahlde, Barbara // Serials Review;Spring/Summer92, Vol. 18 Issue 1/2, p137
Describes the highlights of the Faxon Institute Conference titled `Creating User Pathways to Electronic Information' on April 28-30, 1991 in Reston, Virginia. Focus on user behavior in scholarly, scientific and technical communities in information gathering and the role of electronic...
- Eighth annual NPPA Electronic Workshop. Foss, Kurt // Photo District News;Jan97, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p60
Focuses on the highlights of the 1996 annual Electronic Photojournalism Workshop in San Antonio, Texas. Use of the latest desktop imaging and publishing tools; Total number of participants in the ink-free portion of the workshop; Controversy sparked by a story on prostitution.