Adobe's Glassbook Purchase Highlights Industry Division On Ebook Standards
- Glassbook and Adobe Systems Announce New E-Book Technologies. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Apr2000, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p40
Reports on the partnership between Glassbook Inc. and Adobe Systems Inc. for the development of publishing technologies for electronic books. Integration of Glassbook Reader technology into the Adobe Acrobat Reader; Addition of Adobe PDF Merchant SDK into the Glassbook Content Server.
- Adobe buys Glassbook. Walter, Mark // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Sep2000, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p21
Reports on Adobe Systems Inc.'s acquisition of Glassbook Inc., a developer of portable document format-based e-book readers and accompanying server tools. Retention of Glassbook founder and chief executive officer Len Kawell as head of Glassbook's workforce; Adobe's plan to bring the Glassbook...
- Adobe Announces E-Book Acquisition, Partnerships, New Product. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Oct2000, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p49
Reports on announcements made by Adobe Systems, Inc. as of October 2000. Acquisition of Glassbook, Inc., which develops e-book software; Expansion of Adobe's relationship with iUniverse.com; Release of Adobe InScope, which is an integrated Web-based publishing system for work flow and asset...
- Glassbook Interface Added To Adobe Acrobat Reader. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;2/21/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the deal between electronic book publisher Glassbook Inc. and Adobe Systems. Operation of Glassbook; Information on Glassbook Reader, a software program designed for reading downloadable electronic books into Adobe Acrobat Reader; Features of electronic books which come in the form...
- Adobe ramps up documents. Taschek, John // eWeek;1/27/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p54
Reviews the Document Server application from Adobe Systems Inc. that can change the dynamics of electronic publishing.
- Lightning Source & Glassbook Team. ROGERS, MICHAEL // Library Journal;10/15/2000, Vol. 125 Issue 17, p22
Reports that Lightning Source and Glassbook Inc. have teamed up to distribute electronic books and digital content over the Internet. Details of the deal.
- NewsDigest. // eWeek;09/04/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p11
Focuses on news related to computer and Internet firms in the United States, current as of September 4, 2000. Joint venture of Ariba, IBM Corp. and Microsoft Corp.; Adobe Systems' acquisition of electronic book software developer Glassbook.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers, InterTrust team with Adobe. // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Jul2000, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p31
Reports on an agreement between Adobe Systems Inc. and PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP to combine their technologies into what could be a complete end-to-end electronic publishing solution.
- Adobe launches eBook U. Letts, Mike // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;06/04/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p30
Reports the launching of the eBook U program of Adobe. Exploration of the use of electronic books in academics as the program's aim.