Most U.S. Nursing Homes Lack Adequate Security and Care
- New security technology. Mellard, Richard; Rykert, Wilbur // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Mar93, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p8
Discusses how to turn security into a profitable management opportunity in nursing homes. Security problems; Effectiveness in applying security technology; Devices used; Staff training and competence in management; Selecting vendors for equipment; Closed circuit television systems that respond...
- Internal theft. Bassett, James W. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;May93, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p34
Discusses the occurrence of internal theft in nursing home facilites. Use of an investigtional tool, the `loss questionnaire'; `Pattern of guilt'; The psychology of employee theft; Testing for honesty.
- Technology in Support of Campus Living. Fenstad, Anthony // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Nov2001, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p47
Provides information on the security measures implemented by Country Manor, a nursing home in Minnesota. Background on the nursing home; Factors considered in selecting the security systems implemented in the facility; Benefits for the residents of the Quick Response system and Wanderer...
- Departure alert technology. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Feb98, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p61
Introduces several departure alert technology-based products for nursing homes. Secure Care Products Wandering Resident Identification (ID) system; High-technology Mobile Locater from CARE TRAK, Inc.; CareSense, a line of bed monitoring systems, from Curbell.
- SOUTHEAST. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;May2010, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p20
The article offers news briefs related to nursing homes in the southwest of the U.S. including the plan of the Louisiana government to repay the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services for the overpayments made to nursing homes between 2001 and 2002, the status of the legislation that allows...
- PLAINS/MOUNTAINS. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;May2010, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p21
The article offers news briefs related to nursing homes in the U.S. including the passing of the 2010-2011 budget bill to stop the sale of Trinidad State Nursing Home by the Colorado Department of Human Services and the scheduled breaking ground of the 60-bed nursing home facility of the Oglala...
- Business Briefs. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Feb2011, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p14
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. nursing homes including the move of analysts to raise their expectations for several nursing home chains and the 105 million dollars offered by Walker & Dunlop LLC for the purchase of 18 skilled nursing facilities.
- Nursing Homes. // Westchester County Business Journal;8/31/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 35, Special section p42
The article lists several nursing homes in the U.S. including Andrus on Hudson, Danbury Health Care Center, and Golden Hill Health Care Center.
- Regulatory Update. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Jun2014, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p4
The article offers information on the rule created by the U.S. Office of Inspector General which would allow the ejection of providers from the Medicare or Medicaid program and the announcement of the federal government about the reactivation of the Special Focus Facility program for nursing homes.