The Evil Side of Recycling - A Utility Perspective
- State laws: More in number, but smaller in scope. // Resource Recycling;Jan2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p14
Presents data collected by State Recycling Laws Update (SRLU) on the state of recycling measures introduced in 2001 across the U.S. Number of measures that SRLU tracked in 2001; Analysis of the new laws; Focus of the efforts that were prevalent among the enacted measures.
- Scrap Recycling Requires Due Diligence. Brendel, Joseph R. // Waste Age;Oct2000, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p18
Focuses on the requirement needed to comply with the Superfund Recycling Equity Act (SREA) of the United States. Liability exemptions for companies recycling scrap metal, glass, paper, plastic, textiles, rubber and spent batteries; Due diligence on the facilities that receive their recyclable...
- California's recycled-content law uncovers some unexpected snags. Toloken, Steve // Plastics News;5/29/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 13, p1
Discusses some of the complexities and repercussions involved in the implementation of California's recycled-content law. Fall of the state's recycling rate below the 25% threshold mandated in state law; Goal of reducing plastic packaging waste; Comments of government regulators, company...
- Calif. bill aims to stop recycling theft. Truini, Joe // Waste News;9/1/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p3
The article reports that the California State Senate has passed a bill to fight the theft of curbside recyclables. It passed Assembly Bill 1778, 21-16, to require recyclers dealing in large cash transactions for recyclables, including aluminum cans, plastic and glass bottles and newspaper, to be...
- Gezerre um VerpackungsabfÃ¤lle. Krost, Heidrun; Klein, Petra // Lebensmittel Zeitung;7/12/2013, Issue 28, p22
No abstract available.
- LAW OF THE LAND. Gast, Justin // Resource Recycling;Dec2009, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p22
The article reports that "Resource Recycling" tracked 468 measures applicable to the recycling industry in 2009 which 90 were enacted. It cites the year's breakdown that was for legislation relevant to the green recycling industry including the extended producer-responsibility (EPR) program...
- EA and NRW outline waste separation rules. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Feb2015, Issue 480, p19
The article discusses the guidance documents published by the British Environment Agency (EA) and Natural Resources Wales (NRW) which give insights for waste operators in England and Wales on a new requirement to collect recycled materials separately, effective on January 1, in 2015. It cites...
- Greenbean Recycle seeks to modernize the bottle bill. Averett, Steven // Waste Age;Dec2011, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p8
The article features U.S. startup Greenbean Recycle and highlights the company's initiative to modernize the bottle bill and to engage young people in recycling.
- States Mandate Recycling. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/30/2009, Vol. 238 Issue 13, p6
The article reports on the move of the state of Pennsylvania to adopt the legislation called Mercury-Free Thermostat Act of 2008 that mandates all wholesalers of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment to serve as a collection point for waste mercury thermostats.