Follow Government Regs But Be Careful
- Visa Sets 'Aggressive' EMV Deadlines, Experts Say. // ISO & Agent Weekly;8/18/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 31, p19
The article focuses on the need of merchants in the U.S. to comply with the incentives of Visa Inc. to make payment terminals ready to accept contacts and contactless Europay/MasterCard/Visa (EMV) in 2011. It states that experts say that incentives were part of the push of card brand in the U.S....
- SMART CARD GROUP SEES CHIP CARDS AS ENCRYPTION OPTION. // CardLine;9/18/2009, Vol. 9 Issue 38, p19
The article reports on the use of contactless cards by the Smart Card Alliance for the complete encryption of payment card data in the U.S. The group argues that contactless cards eliminate the need to store static information on cards' magnetic stripes and incorporate dynamic cryptograms that...
- ANCILLARY MOBILE-PAYMENT APPLICATIONS A POTENTIAL REVENUE SOURCE FOR ISOS. // CardLine;1/2/2009, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p5
The article focuses on the effectiveness of ancilliary mobile-payment applications as a potential revenue source of independent sales organizations (ISOS). Randy Vanderhoof, executive director of the Smart Card Alliance Inc. says, independent sales organizations interested in making additional...
- ALLIANCE SUGGESTS MOVE TO CONTACTLESS CHIP TO AVERT FRAUD IN U.S. // CardLine;10/23/2009, Vol. 9 Issue 43, p13
The article reports that Randy Vanderhoof, executive director of the Smart Card Alliance, has stated that contactless card technology could be used to solve the card fraud problems in U.S. It is stated that the static data along with the magnetic stripe cards are a main source of fraud and the...
- Smart cards may be coming, but is Reg E ready for them? // ABA Banking Journal;Sep95, Vol. 87 Issue 9, p34
Details on the relation between Smart cards and Regulation E. Application of Regulation E rules to smart cards.
- `Nonregulatory responses' urged for stored-value cards. Anason, Dean // American Banker;7/18/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 137, p2
Reports that members of the US Consumer Electronic Payments Task Force are leaning toward light regulation of stored-value cards and other new payment technologies. Clash between banking industry groups with consumer advocates and law enforcement officials on whether new laws are necessary to...
- Smart Card Pros Like Privacy. // Health Data Management;Feb2011, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p34
The article reports that the Smart Card Alliance, a multi-industry trade association, has endorsed recommendations for privacy authentication from the Privacy and Security Tiger Team of the HIT Policy Committee to govern the exchange of data between electronic health records systems, including a...
- PIV-I Credentials Provide Efficiency and Trust for State and Local Governments, Says White Paper. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2011, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p20
The article reports on the aim of a white paper by the Smart Card Alliance which is to educate the state and local governments on Personal Identity Verification Interoperable (PIV-I) in the U.S.
- More action on smart cards. // ABA Banking Journal;May85, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p136
Reports the issuance of smart cards under a pilot program of MasterCard International Inc. in the U.S. Number of cards involved; Provision of reader manuals for participating merchants; Ability of smart cards to hinder fraud.