Where Security is an Integral Part of the Business Decision!
- PRICE FIGHT. Stafford, Dave // Indiana Lawyer;10/23/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p6
The article focuses on the argument over the tax valuation and market value of two shopping malls in Indianapolis, Indiana. It notes the effort of the Marion County assessor to review the assessed value of the Washington Square and Lafayette Square properties owned by the Simon Property Group....
- Simon Mixes It Up. // Retail Traffic;Apr2005, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p17
The article reports that the mall owner Simon Property Group Inc. is embracing the mixed-used format as a way to rework existing retail properties and squeeze out more revenue. Simon will partner with residential, hotel, office and other developers to create alternative uses for space at its...
- Simon sells stake in Mall of America. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p21
Reports on Simon Property Group Inc.'s completion of the court-ordered sale of its stake in Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota.
- Mall on the BRINK. Schouten, Cory // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/28/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 39, p1A
The article focuses on the decline of Washington Square Mall in Indiana owned by Simon Property Group Inc. It says that the property has fallen by 74.2% and its appraised value has dropped to 70% due to the 12.8 million dollars note delinquency after the 2010 loan modification. According to...
- Tax bills slashed for pair of malls. McLaughlin, Kathleen // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/22/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the $2.4 million-refund to be granted to Simon Property Group Inc. by Marion County, Indiana after the Indiana Board of Tax Review slashed the value of the Lafayette Square Mall and the Washington Square Mall into almost half. It says that Marion County Assessor Joseph...
- REAL ESTATE. Hardesty, Dawn Wotapka // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/10/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 24, p17A
Presents news briefs about real estate development in Long Island, New York as of June 10, 2005. Tenants secured by Simon Property Group Inc. for the Roosevelt Field mall in Garden City; Construction of a building at Jerry Wolkoff's industrial empire in Edgewood; Industrial space brokered by...
- Simon Property Group Jumps Into Mix With Bid for Mills Corp. Choi, Amy S. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/6/2007, Vol. 193 Issue 28, p24
The article reports on the bid offer of U.S. shopping mall owner Simon Property Group for the sale of Mills Corp. Simon offered to pay U.S. $ 24 per share in cash for the company. Simon partnered with Mills' largest shareholder, hedge fund Farallon Capital Management, on the bid. Each of them...
- PAY SCALE. // Retail Traffic;Jul2004, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p6
Focuses on real estate deals in the retail sector in the United States. Simon Property Group Inc.'s acquisition of Chelsea Property Group Inc.; Vornado Realty Trust's purchase of Stater Bros. grocery stores; Steadfast Commercial Properties' purchase of Everett Mall.
- The Simon Brand. Kaelble, Steve // Indiana Business Magazine;Jun2001, Vol. 45 Issue 6
Focuses on the plans of Simon Property Group Inc. to extend its business beyond its niche as a shopping mall operator. Strategies to venture into the other sectors of the commercial real estate market; Investment approaches considered by company executives.