It's a Community Mindset!
- Police on campus bring security to Jefferson schools. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);09/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p44
Focuses on the services provided by the Police On Campus unit of the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office. History of the campus program; Number of police officers detailed on the program; Cumulative arrest data and achievements of the unit.
- UWM off-campus neighborhood resembles war zone. Vernon, Michael // UWM Post (Milwaukee, WI);9/24/2012, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p12
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article regarding the presence of the Milwaukee Police Department (MPD) in the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM) off-campus housing area in the previous issue of the magazine.
- Zero tolerance equals zero thinking. Laughland, Daniel // UWM Post (Milwaukee, WI);9/24/2012, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p12
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article regarding the presence of the Milwaukee Police Department (MPD) in the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM) off-campus housing area in the previous issue of the journal.
- OUPD takes steps to analyze, improve campus security. Morris, Conor // Athens News;12/14/2015, p14
The article reports on the efforts and measures carried out by the Ohio University Police Department (OUPD) to improve the school's security practices.
- STANDING TALL. Rosenberg, Glenn R. // American School & University;Feb2009, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p46
The article presents the author's discourse regarding the comprehensive security solutions for multi-location campuses. The author suggests that the security professionals and the college administrators should set the standard and take the lead for campus safety. Moreover, the author notes that...
- Writing Policy and Procedure Manuals in a Small Campus Police Environment. Johnson, Robert A. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Feb2011, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p6
In this article, the author discusses the significance of writing policy and procedure manuals for the small campus police environment in the U.S. He notes the necessity of the revision, update, and modification of old directives that are compromised or outdated by the existing law. He points...
- Hill College adds full-time police officer. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);3/5/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the partnership of the Hill College in Texas with the City of Hillsboro, Texas to hire the Corporal Isreal Abrego as full-time police officer.
- Police Reports 3-1-10. // UWM Post (Milwaukee, WI);3/1/2010, p21
The article offers several police reports from February 14-26, 2010 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. An area resident complained of 2-3 subjects leaning out a second floor window of the Columbia Hospital dormitory. A caller reports an intoxicated female dragged by a male near the intersection of...
- Law Lets N.Y. Colleges Tighten Security. // Community College Week;11/24/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p19
Reports on the law signed by New York Governor George Pataki to allow community colleges to replace security guards with peace officers. Reason behind the creation of the law; Common crimes at campuses; Potential benefit of the law.