The 2008 Security 500: Trends Show an Expanded and More Integrated Role
- Benchmarking as crisis planning. Long, Richard K. // Public Relations Tactics;Feb2000, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p10
Discusses the use of the benchmarking study as a public relations tool for managing potential crisis situations. Emphasis on best-in-class practices of other organizations; Benefits of securing information from media accounts; Lessons that firms can learn from crisis situations such as the...
- NOVI IZAZOVI - PRIJETNJE MODERNOG DOBA. Nađ, Ivan; Klobučar, Vjekoslav // International Conference: Crisis Management Days;2014, p797
Wars, disease, drought and fires have escorted the human race since the beginning of history. The essential manner of survival has been detected at their presence and preparation for their arrival. In the modern era this phenomenon is also known as crises, and the process of identification,...
- An Alternative to Litigation. Johnson, Dan // Futurist;Apr99, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p10
Suggests the collaborative process as an alternative conflict resolution process for companies. Difference from litigation; Benefits of collaborative resolutionaries; Situational example.
- Developing a clear strategy for coping with a critical event. Carson, Andrew // Pulse;5/12/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 19, p36
Offers suggestions on developing a clear strategy for coping with a critical event. Designation as person as coordinator; Having an up-to-date list of contact names and numbers; Appointment of a trained member to deal with the press; Knowing the procedure for instigating and carrying out...
- Products spotlight. // RSI: Roofing, Siding, Insulation;Dec2003, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p32
Presents information on crisis management package on disk developed for the construction industry.
- Rick's Tips. // Frontline Solutions;Aug2000, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p14
Offers advice on how to avoid or control a crisis within the company. Creation of a red flag system for visibility and decisive action; Advantages of the red flag system.
- Tales of the unexpected. Rock, Matthew // Director;Feb1996, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p42
Discusses how business men should deal with an unforeseen personal crisis. Implications of the death of an important personality for organizations; Intergenerational problems in family companies; Growth in the area of conflict management; Case of Software Knowledge partners Michael Ames and...
- Four steps to resolving a conflict. Anderson, Kare // Food Manufacture;Mar1999, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p2
Offers tips on resolving a conflict. Recognizing signs of conflict; Reaching out to the other party; Listening; Proving one's fairness. INSETS: Ten ways you can stop a conflict from escalating;Eight approaches to offering your solution.
- Replace an auto response with a wise choice. // Managing People at Work;Nov2010, Issue 344, p8
The article offers tips on how to respond to adverse events at the workplace without displaying anger such as weighing the options on how to react with a situation and maintaining a controlled response.