FROM THE EDITORS
- Adult stem cell research surges ahead. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/16/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p20
No abstract available.
- A hard sell for stem cells. // Nature Neuroscience;Aug99, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p683
Editorial. Discusses the issues relating to the human stem cell (SC) studies as an area of biomedical research. Source of SC; Concern over the use of SC in human cloning; Arguments in favor of stem cell research; Commencement of clinical trials focused on the use of SC in treating neurological...
- Stern cell scientists call for open process for reviewing research. Mayor, Susan // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;2/13/2010, Vol. 340 Issue 7742, p335
The article focuses on the claim of stem cell researchers that reviewers might be hindering the publication of high quality research.
- Reply to �Hematopoietic potential of neural stem cells�. Morshead, Cindi M.; Van der Kooy, Derek; Iscove, Norman N. // Nature Medicine;Jun2002, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p536
Presents reply of Cindi M. Morshead et al. to questions and concerns raised by other scientific groups on findings of their study conducted on neural stem cell properties. Emphasis on conducting studies to examine transdifferentiation potential of cells using colonally derived neural stem...
- Hematopoietic potential of neural stem cells. Vescovi, Angelo L.; Rietze, Rod; Magli, Maria Cristina; Bjornson, Christopher // Nature Medicine;Jun2002, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p535
Discusses findings of a study conducted by Cindi M. Morshead et al. which opposes report of three other studies that neural stem cells (NSC) are capable of differentiating into hematopoietic cells. Explanation of study conducted to reconcile differences between findings of other three studies...
- Stem cells show their muscle. // Nature Neuroscience;Oct2000, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p961
Editorial. Explores the medical ethics of human stem cell research. Guidelines that would permit research on human embryonic stem cells; Molecular identity of signals inducing muscle formation; Limits to stem cell plasticity.
- Harnessed stem cells bring hope for infertile. // Medical Ethics Advisor;Apr2012, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p45
The article presents a clinical research report led by Jonathan Tilly, professor at the MGH Vincent Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, related to discovery of the ovaries of women harbor rare stem cells for treating infertile women.
- UK Council Gets �5M in Funding from California Stem Cell Agency. Moran, Nuala // BioWorld International;11/4/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 44, p1
The article reports that the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine announced 14 "Disease Team" awards worth more than 250 million U.S. dollars to develop stem cell therapies in which the British Medical Research Council (MRC) will put 5 million British pounds into regenerative medicine...
- Endocrine Society calls for expanded NIH funding for stem cell research. DiMarcantonio, Tina // Endocrine Today;Nov2009, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p38
This article reports on a position statement issued by the Endocrine Society calling for increased funding for stem cell research from the U.S. National Institutes of Health.