QUESTIONS OF THE DAY
- Roan Catholicism in Brazil. Mutchler, David E. // Studies in Comparative International Development;Aug1965, Vol. 1 Issue 8, p103
Describes the attitude of the dominant forces in Brazilian Catholicism in 1965. Impetus in the Vatican Council toward greater control of the religious orders by the bishops; Expected future of Catholicism in Brazil; Partial distribution of priests in Brazil compared to population.
- The other Latin Mass. Rom�n, Elisabeth // U.S. Catholic;Feb2008, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p30
No abstract available.
- CORRESPONDENCE. E. C.; G. S. F. // America;9/13/1913, Vol. 9 Issue 23, p539
This section covers topics of interest to the Catholic Church. In London, England, the Peace Treaty has been signed in the Capital of Rumania for the third time since 1812, in which the greater part of Turkey in Europe has been partitioned between the 4 allies of October 1912. In Austria, a...
- THE CATHOLIC CENTER. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Apr2003, Issue 132, p78
Discusses issues in Catholicism. Intra-Catholic disputes; Catholic moments; Building of the 'Church of tomorrow'; Power structure within the Catholic Church.
- The Laity's Response. // America;12/16/2002, Vol. 187 Issue 20, p3
Editorial. Comments on the entitlement and duty of the laity to express their opinions on matters concerning the good of the Catholic church. Desire among laypersons for a greater role in the decision-making structures of the church; Need for the involvement of laypersons in the issue of...
- The World on Its Knees. // America;1/28/1933, Vol. 48 Issue 17, p398
The article reflects on the jubilee year from April 2, 1933 to April 2, 1934 as proclaimed by the Catholic Church in Rome on January 15, 1933. It relates that the jubilee was proclaimed to celebrate the nineteenth centenary of the redemption of mankind by the sacrifice of Jesus in Calvary. It is...
- Note and Comment. // America;2/16/1935, Vol. 52 Issue 19, p440
The article discusses news and issues that are of concern to the Catholic Church as of February 16, 1935. The Church of St. Catherine of Siena in New York City participated in the Candlemas procession on February 2. The government of Italy has agreed to abandon its demand for punishment and to...
- Catholicism in England. HORNSBY-SMITH, MICHAEL P. // America;5/22/1982, Vol. 146 Issue 20, p396
The article focuses on the state of Roman Catholicism in Great Britain as of May 1982. It is indicated that is necessary to learn the state of Roman Catholicism in Great Britain, which is composed of England, Scotland and Wales, as there had been a history of penal legislation towards the...
- National Pastoral Life Center to close. // National Catholic Reporter;11/27/2009, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p4
The article reports that the National Pastoral Life Center in New York City has announced its closure at the end of November 2009. The Catholic Common Ground Initiative, a program of the center, was transferred to the Bernardin center for Theology and Ministry at the Catholic Theological Union...