- THREE OF A KIND... FIND AND ATTRACT THE BEST PEOPLE. // Management Today;Jul2003, p38
Reviews three books based on the topic recruitment. 'Recruiting Excellence,' by Jeff Grout and Sarah Perrin; 'Recruiting the Right Staff,' by Chris Dukes; 'Hire with your head,' by Lou Adler.
- MOOD SWING as an Indicator of Hiring Success. // Talent Management;Jul2014, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p20
The article discusses the impact of mood swings as an indicator of hiring decisions and eventual success. It refers to a person's moods, emotions, and dispositions that can affect job performance, creativity, and decision-making. Personnel directors that know how to measure and assess these...
- Attracting staff is 'just like sales.'. // People Management;3/24/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p10
This article emphasizes the need for human resources (HR) professionals to exert more effort in selling their vacancies to attract the best employees. According to Lou Adler, president of consultancy firm Adler Group, employers need to use language that made candidates think the vacancy would be...
- Emotion and Learning. Palombo Weiss, Ruth // Training & Development;Nov2000, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p44
Focuses on the relationship between emotions and learning in the United States. Conflict between emotion and thought; Effect of emotions on the mind; Mechanism of information processing in the brain; Impact of emotions on decision making; Duration of emotional response; Influence of danger on...
- Can Emotion Affect Financial Markets? // Financial Update;Jul-Sep2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p29
Examines whether emotions of human beings can affect investment decision making.
- An Emotion-Based Perspective of Family Purchase Decisions. Park, Jonghee; Tansuhaj, Patriya // Advances in Consumer Research;1995, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p723
Describes the components of a model incorporating emotion into the family purchase decision making process. Characteristics of emotion; Relationships between family decision making stages and emotion.
- Look both ways before crossing. O, Larry the // Electronic Musician;Mar1998, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p194
Illustrates that many decisions do not need to be thought about in depth to arrive at the best conclusion. Decision making in sound recording; Remarks about making impulsive decision based on emotion.
- Put your money where your motor is. Pavia-Rauchman, Carolyn // AutoWeek;04/20/98, Vol. 48 Issue 16, p14
Presents information on the impact of emotions on investment decisions. Indication that real estate is a good way of investing; Problems encountered when giving financial advice; Reference to a comment from the late Malcolm Forbes.
- Dealing with an Angry Audience. Stein, Debra // Public Management (00333611);Apr2000, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p26
Discusses how to avoid triggering the emotions of citizens in disrupting decision-making and governance. Source of anger; Steps to avoid hostile conduct.