- Tee Time for Women. // 20/20;Feb2007, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p70
The article features the style-savvy, golf-specific glasses designed for women complete with a feminine color palette. Based on the study, women are leading the way with 52% participation increase in golf over seven years. These golf glasses have adjustable bridges and temples for best fit and...
- Dispensary design details. Suter, Donna A. // Ophthalmology Times;4/15/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p95
The article shares the author's insights on how to maintain a profitable optical dispensary through its designs. She emphasizes that optical designs must be convenient to patients and to show a message that they are well-cared. Some guideline to consider in redefining optical dispensary is...
- BIZARRE FRAMES. Zito, Paul // LabTalk;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 36 Issue 159, p46
The article describes a procedure that optical laboratories can adopt to determine that a particular prescription lens is compatible with a particular frame, especially with the growing number of bizarre frames on the market. Instead of using expensive lenses, laboratories can use a pair of...
- THE OPTICIAN'S CORNER. Mattison-Shupnick, Mark // 20/20;Apr2010, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p95
An introduction to a series of articles on frame adjusting published within the issue which include "Getting Adjusted," by optician Andrew Bruce and "Lenses and Technology" are presented.
- Good PALs Come In Small Frames. Hogan, Jessica L. // Review of Optometry;05/15/2000, Vol. 137 Issue 5, p41
Provides guidelines for the prescription of progressive addition lenses (PAL). Importance of careful frame fitting for presbyopic patients; Need to consider the activities of patients in lens recommendations; Differences between short-corridor PAL and conventional designs. INSET: Let's Get...
- MADE IN THE SHADE. C. R. // American Salon;June2014, Vol. 137 Issue 6, p28
The article focuses on retro-style spectacle frames with stainless steel hinges and offer 100 percent protection from ultraviolet rays.
- Three of a kind. // Optometry Today;3/23/2012, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p37
The article previews the TR90 Eyestuff Tickle, Sketch, and Muddle frames of International Eyewear.
- How Edging Precision Affects Drill Mounted Eyewear. Fields, Chuck // LabTalk;Sep2007, Vol. 35 Issue 158, p16
The article focuses on how Drill Mounted Eyewear (DME) is affected by edging precision. Compared to regular plastic and metal frames, greater axis accuracy is needed in processing DME. In other frame types, a slight twist in the axis will simply be overlooked or adjusted but in DME, it must be...
- LASER SCANNING FOR LENS EDGING MACHINES. COBLIS, Catalin; OLTEANU, Ciprian // Annals of DAAAM & Proceedings;Jan2009, p1275
This paper presents a laser system for the improvement of lens edging machines, together with the importance and advantages of laser measurement. Nowadays, laser measurement has reached a very high level of accuracy and that's why there are more and more fields where it is used. The great...