WAP Reality Check
- A Matter Of WAP Compatibility. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;05/15/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p27
Focuses on the importance of compatibility of Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) standards. Problems with WAP standards; WAP testing laboratory opened by AnywhereYouGo.com; WAP servers included in the laboratory.
- Hype aside, WAP has worries. Nobel, Carmen // PC Week;03/13/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p10
Reveals the obstacles to the widespread adoption of the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP). Includes discovery of a security loophole; Intellectual property; Companies claiming rights to much of the technology to the standard; Stiff membership cost to the WAP Forum. INSET: Obstacles facing WAP..
- WAP releases version 1.1. // RCR;07/05/99, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p20
Reports on the Wireless Application Protocol Forum's release of its mobile Internet standard, WAP version 1.1. Enhancements.
- The world's still waiting for WAP. Clark, Robert // America's Network;07/15/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 11, p24
Offers a look at the limitations of the Wireless Application Protocol network. Several problems of WAP; Origin of WAP; Several application systems being considered for wireless Internet access; Alternatives for the limitations of WAP.
- Flexible Test and Development Architecture for Emerging Wireless Technologies. Kovacs, Joseph E. // Wireless Design & Development;Sep2005, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p36
Focuses on the importance of wireless local area networks standards as a flexible test platform solution in meeting the needs of fast-changing wireless devices. Factor which increases system integration and validation times in wireless devices; Information on the PXI modular instrumentation...
- No Apologies. Wickman, Rhonda L. // Wireless Review;08/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 16, Special section p6
Presents the views of Scott Goldman, chief executive of the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) Forum, on the problems faced by the wireless communication standard. Intellectual property rights issues in line with WAP; Comments by Goldman on the rumored demise of WAP; Why WAP consumers do not...
- Q5 RONALD BLACK WAVECOM. // Electronics Weekly;3/5/2008, Issue 2325, p3
The article presents an interview with Ronald Black, chief executive officer of Wavecom Inc. When answering a question on different wireless standards in the market, he said that marrying short-range wireless functionality with long-range will make for the most efficient systems. He said that...
- WAP gains momentum. Uimonen, Terho; Sayer, Peter; Gray, Douglas F. // InfoWorld;02/28/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p10
Looks into the Wireless Access Protocol (WAP) standard plans of Nokia, Alcatel and Motorola. Global partnership between Nokia and Amazon.com; Mobile phone released by Nokia; WAP-enabled phone to be launched by Alcatel.
- ETSI, WAP Forum to cooperate on mobile Internet interoperability. // RCR;10/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p3
Announces that the European Telecommunications Standards Institute and the Wireless Application Protocol forum have signed a cooperation agreement designed to drive interoperability of standards for wireless mobile Internet.