iDEN Signals May Cause Headaches For Cellular Operators
- Development and Comparison Between Resource Allocation Strategies Based on Intelligent Scheme and Traditional Distributed Dynamic Resource Allocation Strategies in Mobile Communication Networks. Jamal Raiyn // Wireless Personal Communications;Mar2007, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p495
Abstract??The third generation of mobile communication aims to transmit not only voice and text but also videos and multimedia data. Furthermore, in the future it is expected to involve web browsing, file transfer, and database access. This requires wireless cellular networks to efficiently...
- Why Your Cell Phone Stinks... Buechner, Maryanne Murray // Time;8/23/1999, Vol. 154 Issue 8, p40
Focuses on cellular telephone technology in the United States and why it is lagging, as of August 23, 1999. Advanced systems in Europe and Asia; Reasons, including implementation of a digital network and having one network technology; Devotion of Nokia to cellular phone technology in Finland;...
- Digital migration picks up. Storey, David P. // Mobile Radio Technology;Aug2005, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p24
Reports on migration from land mobile radio to digital radio in the U.S. Common standard for public-safety radio communications; Compliance with the P25 radio standard.
- Radiating cable improves in-building wireless. Haas, Klaus; Veithen, Gregor // Mobile Radio Technology;May98, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p34
Discusses how radiating cables, coupled with a digital enhanced cordless telephone (DECT) standard system, can reduce the required number of base stations and extend coverage into interior spaces. Ways to achieve better radio frequency coverage; Ability of a single base station with a radiating...
- ROAM LIKE A LOCAL: HOW SOME SIM CARDS TRICK MOBILE NETWORKS. // APC (Bauer Media Group);Oct2011, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p86
The article offers information on how some SIM cards in Australia offer better and cost friendly global roaming services. Some companies are offering SIM Cards that could swap International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSIs), thereby making one SIM card able to be associated with multiple mobile...
- EDITOR'S LETTER. Hanley, Michael // International Journal of Mobile Marketing;Winter2012, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including mobile banner, mobile phone technology, and mobile brand strength model.
- Handset Trends Could Mean Trouble for DSPs. // Electronic News;9/26/2005, Vol. 51 Issue 39, pN.PAG
This article deals with the risks associated with the use of mobile phones. The future of the mobile phone promises new functions and sophisticated features, and these will affect the future of digital signal processors as well. First, cellular protocols will transition to 3G and 4G standards....
- Two-way radio adds cordless phone. Bischoff, Glenn // Mobile Radio Technology;Feb2004, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p52
Reports on Motorola's introduction of the CLS1450c, a two-way radio with a built-in digital 2.4 GHz cordless phone. Key features of the cordless phone; Suggested retail price.
- VERIZON/LOOPT OFFER SOCIAL MAPPING SERVICE TO MOBILE PHONES. // RBOC Update;May2008, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p7
The article reports on the availability of Loopt, a social-mapping service, on select Verizon Wireless phone. Loopt provides several advantages to customers of Verizon Wireless. Ryan Hughes, vice president of digital media programming for Verizon Wireless, tells the efficiency of adapting...