Creating A Cozy Home For Ideas
- Motorola's ranking among telecoms drops. Jones, Sandra // Crain's Chicago Business;03/19/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p9
Reports the decline in the rank of Motorola Inc. as the biggest telecommunication equipment makers in the world for the year 2000. Percentage of revenue growth; Problems in the cell phone business of the company; Decrease in the demand for high-speed data services due to economic downturn.
- GI parent Motorola's earnings surge. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;01/24/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p38
Reports on the financial performance of Motorola Inc. in the fourth quarter of 1999. Impact of surge in sales of wireless communication equipment and semiconductors; Cable equipment sales; Non-inclusion of sales performance of acquisition General Instrument Corp. in the company's financial report.
- Motorola sponsors ITV1 films to launch handset. Wilkinson, Amanda // Marketing Week;11/7/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p12
Reports that the telecommunications firm Motorola Inc. will sponsor ITV1's movie slot in the weeks before Christmas to promote the launching of its T720 handset. Titles of movies to be shown; Features of the T720 handset; Negotiation of the deal by Carlton Sales and Sponsorvision.
- Motorola merges with Blue Wave. // RCR Wireless News;2/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the merger of telecommunication equipment firms Motorola Inc. and Blue Wave Systems Inc.
- Motorola changes financial reporting. // RCR;03/29/99, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p11
Reports that Motorola Inc. has changed the operating segments it uses to report financial figures to coincide with organizational in communications equipment business. Inclusion of research and development expenditures as a separate line on the company's consolidated operations statements;...
- CellStar to sell Motorola phones, accessories. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;12/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p2
Reports on logistics services provider CellStar Corp.'s decision to sell Motorola's wireless phones and accessories to carriers and dealers in the United States.
- Motorola-Nortel link could play to each other's strengths. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;3/25/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p1
Focuses on the benefits of the planned merger of Motorola Inc. and Nortel Networks. Purpose of the merger; Background of the competition in the telecommunication equipment sector; Performance of both companies.
- Motorola reloaded. Hare, Palwinder // Lawyer;3/29/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p16
Profiles Palwinder Hare, Motorola Inc.'s legal director and company secretary for Great Britain. Career history; Business philosophy; Palwinder's remarks about the telecommunication firm's business operations; Work as an outside counsel. INSET: MOTOROLA MILESTONES 1928-2003.
- Motorola Assures, Ericsson Warns. // Wireless Week;08/07/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the assurance made by Motorola to its investors that it will meet its production numbers in 2000 as Ericsson acknowledged that its sales may fall short. Number of handsets Motorola expects to produce; Market share targeted by Ericsson.