Competing On A Two-way Street
- Yankee projects continued paging growth in China. Bruno, Antony // RCR;03/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p36
Reports on the growth of the paging market in China according to a study released by Yankee Group. Projected growth rate until 2004; Factors that influence the growth of the paging market despite the demand for cellular phones; Impact of efforts to license paging chipset solutions to consumer...
- News. // RCR Wireless News;10/18/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p15
Reports on the deadline given to paging licensees for filing their license audit response to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission in 2004. Consequence to be faced by licensees if they fail to submit their responses; Background of the paging license; Results of audits of private land...
- Paging industry undergoes makeover. Bruno, Antony // RCR;08/17/98, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p14
Focuses on changes in the paging industry in the United States. Reason carriers are reorganizing their operations and consolidating; Information on restructuring at Arch Communications Group Inc.; Comments from Darryl Sterling, paging analysts at the Yankee Group.
- PAGING'S NEW GAME. Bishop, Don // Mobile Radio Technology;Sep2001, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p30
Reports developments in the paging industry in the United States as of September 2001. Changes in the delivery of voice and data messages for the subscribers; Importance of private system pagers in hospitals; Comments of Zetron Paging Systems product sales manager Larry MacKnight on small...
- Wireless E-mail Offers Paging New Life. Flanagan, Patrick // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jul2000, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p23
Reports on the development of two-way paging devices with keyboards in the United States. Growth of the two-way paging industry; Forecast of an increase in the sales of two-way paging devices; One-way paging users conversion into two-way paging services.
- Paging Gains Spur Consolidation Talk. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;02/14/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p18
Discusses the decline in the value of paging stocks in the United States. Area of growth for its paging industry; Status of competition within the industry.
- The sky's the limit. DiMeo, Sam // Caribbean Business;7/25/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p4
Reports on the entry of paging company SkyTel Corp. into Puerto Rico in November 1996. Establishment of office at Plaza Las Americas Tower; Estimated number of paging units serviced by firm in different countries; Prospects for growth of paging industry; Range of paging and messaging services...
- Paging stocks dive. Bruno, Antony // RCR;10/26/98, Vol. 17 Issue 43, p1
Focuses on the drop in paging stock value in the United States. Impact of stock market volatility; Stock prices of Paging Network Inc., Arch Communications Inc., Metrocall Communications Inc. and Skytel Communications Inc.; Uncertainty over the future need of pagers; Issue of pricing.
- SkyTel showers $10 million on brand. Greim, Lisa // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Oct95, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p4
Focuses on SkyTel Corp.'s launch of a marketing campaign designed to promote its SkyTel 2-Way narrowband paging system in September 1995. Advertising budget; Features of the paging system; Service areas; Description of the ad campaign; Telecommunications companies that are preparing to enter...