Siemens To Enhance Its WAP Gateways
- Siemens fleshes out strategies for U.S. market. Omatseye, Sam // Global Wireless;May/Jun2001, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the introduction of wireless products and services by Siemens AG in the U.S. as of June 2001. Features of the S47 cellular telephone from Siemens; Telecommunication standards supported by Siemens cellular telephones; Strategy of Siemens in introducing wireless products and services.
- Shooting for 3G. Tanner, John C. // Wireless Asia;9/15/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p22
Interviews Lothar Pauly, mobile board member of cellular telephone vendor Siemens. Forecast for the 3G mobile phone market in China; Relationship of the company with NEC; Benefits realized by the company from its alliance with NEC; Views of Siemens' customers on 3G technology.
- Siemens targets Eastern Europe with new phones. // RCR Wireless News;7/7/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p21
Reports on the release of Siemens cellular phones which aim specifically for Eastern European users. Telecommunication business of Siemens in Russia and Eastern Europe.
- Siemens shores up support for increased wireless presence. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;5/20/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p4
Reports on the move of Siemens AG to increase its presence in the wireless communication industry. Entrance of Siemens at the New York Stock Exchange; Interest of Siemens in the code division multiple access infrastructure; Remarks from Shosteck Group chief executive officer Jane Zweig.
- Siemens creates U.S.-based broadband R&D unit. // RCR Wireless News;10/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p13
Reports the creation of the Siemens Subscribers Networks, a global research and development unit, by Siemens AG in 2003. Places in which its centers will be located; Purpose of the unit.
- Worldwide Gear Market Springing Back To Life. // Wireless Week;6/1/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p22
Reports on the decline of the global market for mobile networks in the U.S. in 2003. Market share of Ericsson; Increase of market shares of Nokia and Siemens; Domination of global system for mobile communications.
- Sports link-ups winning proposition for carriers. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;7/14/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p8
Reports on the increased interest of wireless carriers on sponsorship of sporting events and venues in the U.S. as of July 2003. Benefits of sponsoring a sporting event; Worldwide sporting events sponsored by Siemens AG; Speculation on the budget of Nextel Communications Inc. for sponsoring the...
- Siemens attacks Indian markets through phones, more R&D, partnership. // RCR Wireless News;5/26/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p15
Reports on the mobile phones launched by Siemens AG in India. Plan of the company to increase the number of engineers in its Bangalore research and development center; Number of cellular subscribers in India as of April 2003.
- Siemens fleshes out strategies for U.S. market. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;4/2/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p20
Reports that Siemens AG has advanced a package of wireless communication products and strategies in the United States.