Banking On Financial Services
- Microfinance: Banking for the Poor. Kota, Ina // Finance & Development;Jun2007, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p44
The article provides some insights into microfinance and banking for the poor. Branchless banking have emerged and is active in the Philippines, South Africa and Colombia. Commercial players are using point-of-sale devices and mobile phones to connect with the rural poor, licensing local...
- Handy banking from B of A. // U.S. Banker;Sep99, Vol. 109 Issue 9, p24
Reports on the plans of the Bank of America to offer wireless banking via cell phone and personal digital assistants. Contractor for the bank's project; Projections on the sale of Internet-access devices other than the personal computer.
- Aether Extends Its Wireless Base. Ragan, Matt // Bank Technology News;Jan2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p31
Reports the expansion of the wireless offering of Aether Systems Inc. in the United States. Trend of incorporating wireless technology in financial institutions; Projections on the banking opportunities in wireless finance; List of company clients.
- Wireless banking checks in at Harris. Chen, Anne // PC Week;03/20/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p70
Focuses on Harris Bank as the first bank in the United States to introduce banking via wireless telephones. Use of wireless application protocol (WAP)-based, browser-equipped cellular telephones; Introduction of investment portfolio access, bill payment and credit card advances; Belief that...
- WIRELESS SERVICES: THE NEXT BIG THING IS ALREADY HERE. Hintze, John // Securities Industry News;06/19/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 24, p21
Focuses on the trend of providing financial services over wireless communication systems. Financial firms that have announced wireless capabilities in 2000; Use of the so-called screen-scraping technique to cull information from Web sites and provide to customers over wireless devices;...
- Cyber Banking. Beck, Bill // Indiana Business Magazine;Apr2000, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p18
Focuses on the prevalence of Internet banking in Indiana. Contribution of Internet banking start-ups and Internet software developers on the promotion of Internet banking; Growth in the use of online banking among consumers; Promotion of Indiana state as founder of Internet banking; Impact of...
- Project Info At a Glance. Adams, John // Bank Technology News;Sep2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p44
Features the ProgressView, an online service for the financial services industry in the U.S. Service features; Benefits of the service for lenders; Aspects of the service.
- Can internet banking reach orbit? Johnson, Steve // New Statesman;09/18/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 4504, pxxvii
Analyzes the potential of online banking in Great Britain. Reason for the emergence of online banking services; Concept of transparency and account profitability; Security concerns over Internet banking.
- More Popular Than Porn. Ernsberger Jr., Richard // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);10/11/99 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 134 Issue 15, p44
Focuses on how the Internet is transforming the financial services industry. Europe's first Internet-only bank, e-first.com; How the Internet has changed the strategies of financial companies; Impact of the automated teller machine (ATM) on the banking industry; Concern about privacy.