Wireless Web: A Year Later
- Making money online. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;07/31/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 5, p41
Focuses on the combination of Internet applications and wireless technologies. Evaluation of the business plans of Internet and wireless technologies; Overview of the report `Creating the New World Wireless Operator'; Business models established by Sprint PCS company. INSET: Briefly.
- Wireless' uncertain future. Phipps, Jennie L. // Electronic Media;12/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p38
Focuses on the speed and reliability of wireless Internet connections in the United States. Speed rate of Sprint PCS Internet access service; Disadvantages of using wireless Internet access; Views on wireless communications in other countries.
- Sprint Wireless Web enhancements ready for holiday push. Bruno, Antony // RCR Wireless News;11/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p8
Reports on additions made by Sprint PCS to its Wireless Web service that are designed to target the consumer market.
- Sprint says PTT service has near-Nextel intra-call latency. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;11/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p3
Reports on the launch of the Ready Link push-to-talk wireless service from Sprint PCS in 2003. Comparison of Ready Link to Verizon Wireless' offering that uses voice over Internet Protocol technology; Pricing for the Sprint service; Scope of the offering.
- Sprint PCS expects data to drive PCS demand. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;10/25/99, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p22
Predicts the success of Sprint PCS Group's launch of nationwide wireless Web service in the United States in September 1999. Sprint's growth in the business segment; Company's agreement with Ameritrade that will allow Sprint customers to trade stock via their handsets.
- Sprint Nextel "grenade:" unlimited voice, messaging and data in S.F. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;3/5/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p4
The article reports on the two unlimited voice and data telecommunication plans offered by Sprint Nextel Corp. in the San Francisco, California market. Sprint Nextel's two Unlimited Access Pack plans include a $120-per-month plan that includes unlimited voice calling, messaging and mobile Web...
- Sprint PCS turns out Internet-access package. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;08/16/99, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p30
Reports that Sprint PCS' introduction of commercial Internet-access services will commence in September 1999. Target clientele and features of Sprint PCS Wireless Web; Special offer to Sprint PCS customers who have signed up for plans worth $30 or more; Announcement of nationwide availability...
- Expert says voice will merge with data on the web. Cruz, Sherri // Las Vegas Business Press;10/19/98, Vol. 15 Issue 42, p16
Presents a roundup of developments in the high tech sector of Nevada recent to October 19, 1998. Includes Wireless Internet & Mobile Computing president Alan Reiter's speech on the merger of the Internet and the wireless industry; Sprint PCS' personal communications service.
- Caught In Sprint's Wireless Web. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;03/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p1
Focuses on the issue of Web privacy to wireless Internet users of Sprint PCS. Transmission of Sprint PCS' customers' mobile identification numbers to Internet sites; Reaction of users to the action taken by DoubleClick, Sprint's Internet advertising solutions agency.